L.B.

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

The Irish Rover....

The Dubliners and The Pogues B)

Ooops, not a Bruce song :o But it's what I listen to right now. Fantastic stuff!!

Up next..

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - The Raveonettes

The Pogues

I find "A Rainy Night in Soho" to be a very good song by The Pogues.

I have moved on to "Wild Billy's Circus Story" still from "The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle". What a fantastic tune!

wild.jpg

The Pogues

I find "A Rainy Night in Soho" to be a very good song by The Pogues.

I have moved on to "Wild Billy's Circus Story" still from "The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle". What a fantastic tune!

It's an excellent song B)

Now...

The Ghost Of Tom Joad from the Dublin EP.

Never has this song sounded better!!!!!

I can't get enough of "Wild Billy's Circus Story" so now I'm listening to it from the June 22, 2005 Forum, Copenhagen boot.

tn_20050622_front.jpg

• Like 4

I can't get enough of "Wild Billy's Circus Story" so now I'm listening to it from the June 22, 2005 Forum, Copenhagen boot.

tn_20050622_front.jpg

Me too :lol:

tn_20050622_front.jpg

Me too :lol:

What a coincidence! :)

• Like 1

Right now, it's a bonafide classic -- "Streets of Philadelphia". This is the song that really made me pay attention, and brought tears to my eyes. I liked the BITUSA-era stuff, but it seemed too much like a manufactured image, with all the fist-pumping and redneck sh*t associated with it.

Despite being a confirmed heterosexual, that song (and the movie) touched a deeper humanity that actually changed me. From that point on, I became a Springsteen fan.

Streets of Philadelphia is great....I usually listen to the radio and time and again I hear Bruce there or some nice stuff atrracts my attention, like This is the life by Amy Macdonald. Sometimes I play Bruce while lurking here and recently it's been The Rising Highlights.

"Run through the jungle" from the "Teardrops in the city"-boot

I have never heard it, but are looking foward to doing so!

Teardrops.jpg

I can't stop listening to What Becomes of a Broken Hearted by Joan Osbourne and the Funk Brothers. Such a great, great song and was originally written by Jimmy Ruffin. But the version I'm listening to kicks some serious butt, and was done for the 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown' cd.

Also, when I listen to the lyrics, I can't help but think this is a song that Bruce could have written. So many shared themes...."as I walk this land/of broken dreams...etc.

Right now I'm listening to - Cardiff Boots - Promised Land on at moment

MIAs 'Paper Planes'... not a Bruce song, but she beat him out on Rolling Stones best album of the year list, and I just got around to checking her out.

"Thundercrack" (NY, Oct. 2007)

...always brings back great memories of the 2003 holiday shows in AP :)

I've got this mix that I listen to a lot when I run. It's basically my favorite songs from Magic, my favorite songs from The Rising, and then the first 4 off The River. Right now I am obsessed with this short mix:

LAST TO DIE

I'LL WORK FOR YOUR LOVE

YOU'LL BE COMING DOWN

GYPSY BIKER

LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE

GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES

LONESOME DAY

COUNTIN' ON A MIRACLE

WORLDS APART

FURTHER ON (UP THE ROAD)

THE FUSE

MARY'S PLACE

THE RISING

THE TIES THAT BIND

SHERRY DARLING

JACKSON CAGE

TWO HEARTS

I have also been listening to my all-time favorite Bruce concert that I went to which was October 23, 1999 at The Staples Center in Los Angeles. It continues to just blow me away!

Oh, you literally meant RIGHT NOW. It's "Last to Die"

I listened to Disc 2 of the Nassau 12/31 boot today....then disc 3 of Live 75/85....then Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning by Metallica....my musical world is spinning.... B):)

• Like 1

Yes I did, but it's interesting to see you list of songs for running as well :)

When I run, I also listen to music and sometimes Bruce. My favorite Bruce song for running (and in many other situations) are "Dream Baby Dream" which I am also listening to right now. It challenges my mind and puts me in some sort of trance.

Listening to "Dream Baby Dream" when I run, I can't hear my own breath, forgets that I'm tired and just keeps running. It's magical ;)

Yes I did, but it's interesting to see you list of songs for running as well :)

When I run, I also listen to music and sometimes Bruce. My favorite Bruce song for running (and in many other situations) are "Dream Baby Dream" which I am also listening to right now. It challenges my mind and puts me in some sort of trance.

Listening to "Dream Baby Dream" when I run, I can't hear my own breath, forgets that I'm tired and just keeps running. It's magical ;)

Backstreets is the song for me that when my lungs want to give out while running, my legs take over and forget about being breathless.

Prove it all night

Prove it all night

Very nice Patrizia and welcome to the Lake :)