Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

3 hours ago, Wout said:

I listened to Chevrolet Deluxe for the first time in my life today.

My god, I'm blown away.

So this prompted me to go find this song.  I’d heard of it, but had never heard it, and actually forgot all about it. 

Apparently there are 5 different versions.  I listened to 3 of them.  All great.  I think version “number 5” was my favorite.  

Thanks Wout!!! 

15 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Apparently there are 5 different versions.  

It's more 5 (or 6?) Versions from the very first beginning of the song -the creation of the song, the birth of the song-and then the creatieve process and the last version the demo version to show to the band for more work-in-progress-which either never happened or remains secret in the vault.

The different versions together are a fly-on-the-wall session, the birth and development of a song.

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

It's more 5 (or 6?) Versions from the very first beginning of the song -the creation of the song, the birth of the song-and then the creatieve process and the last version the demo version to show to the band for more work-in-progress-which either never happened or remains secret in the vault.

The different versions together are a fly-on-the-wall session, the birth and development of a song.

Yes, I was just reading all about it! 

Shame he never ‘finished’ or ‘polished’ or whatever he felt he needed to do with it; and then properly recorded it.  

It’s excellent (each “version”!) IMO.  

9 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

So this prompted me to go find this song.  I’d heard of it, but had never heard it, and actually forgot all about it. 

Apparently there are 5 different versions.  I listened to 3 of them.  All great.  I think version “number 5” was my favorite.  

Thanks Wout!!! 

Yeah!!! I also found out there are more of it :o 

But so far they are all great! Even though I can't understand a word what he's singing :P But oh gosh musically it's great

• Bruuuuce! 1