Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

55 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Just watched this on a thread on BTX.  I know some of our Lakers were there that night.  What an opening! Very well filmed too.  I'm still hoping for a Western Stars orchestra one day :)

Oh to turn the clock back four years...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2020 at 1:26 AM, Lampi said:

Something In The Night!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edit: New York City 22 June 2000.

Great to see Lampi appreciating the great NY 2000 leg! Deserves more publicity i think

ANOTHER THIN LINE / DON'T LOOK BACK / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / TWO HEARTS / SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT / MY HOMETOWN / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) / THE PROMISED LAND / YOUNGSTOWN (with Soozie Tyrell) / MURDER INCORPORATED / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / SHERRY DARLING / SECRET GARDEN / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD (with Soozie Tyrell) / BACKSTREETS / LIGHT OF DAY / FURTHER ON (UP THE ROAD) / RAMROD (with Ali Weinberg) / BORN TO RUN / INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

• Love Love Love! 1

10 hours ago, the-chickenman said:

Probably my favourite version of Kitty’s Back! B)

An amazing performance! After watching that in 2014 I wondered if he would start featuring Nils and Stevie on the solos of that song live, but I guess that was a one-off thing.

I mean, Nils did solo on acoustic guitar in Philadelphia in 2016 I believe, but it should be a regular thing! I would love to see it! :)

• Like 1

15 years ago, Bridgeport - crappy recording, but it was special to get that tour premier that night

2005-07-20 - ARENA AT HARBOR YARD, BRIDGEPORT, CT

Soundcheck: VALENTINE'S DAY

INTO THE FIRE / REASON TO BELIEVE / DEVILS & DUST / EMPTY SKY / LONG TIME COMIN' / HIGHWAY 29 / THE PROMISE / ALL THAT HEAVEN WILL ALLOW / THE RIVER / STATE TROOPER / NEBRASKA / MARIA'S BED / RENO / NOTHING MAN / RACING IN THE STREET / LOST IN THE FLOOD / THE RISING / SPARE PARTS / JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / THE HITTER / MATAMOROS BANKS / RAMROD / BOBBY JEAN / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / THE PROMISED LAND / DREAM BABY DREAM

Longest set of the tour so far, at 27 songs. Tour premieres for "All That Heaven Will Allow" and "Nothing Man". "The Promise" is dedicated to attendee Jesse Malin, while "Dream Baby Dream" is dedicated to its writer, Alan Vega, also in attendance. Seven piano songs, including both premieres. Sound problems before "Racing In The Street", but no repeat of the Meadowlands incident. Piano songs are "The Promise", "The River", "Racing In The Street", "Lost In The Flood", and "Jesus Was An Only Son". "Reason To Believe" is with the bullet mic. "Into The Fire" and "Dream Baby Dream" are on pump organ. "All That Heaven Will Allow" and "Nothing Man" are on electric piano. "State Trooper" is with the falsetto vocal.

• Like 3