Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

10 minutes ago, JimCT said:

same show, Living Proof

This song has meant for me as the years have gone by. Tremendous lyrics and performance! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulcrusader78

• Tomas T-B

• Long_Limp_Home92

• sietze1976

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mostly when I'm in the Lake, I'm listening to Bruce at the same time. Right now I am listening to New York City Serenade from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle. Which Bruce song are

The Promised Land - Survival Bowl.

Live 75-85: Candy's Room... I'm listening on laptop in work.

Posted Images

On 8/11/2020 at 5:54 AM, JimCT said:

today '84, Open All Night

for everyone who ever drove (in the late 70s) thru North Jersey in the wee wee hours :) 

Yup!!!  

I worked in a group home for teens with autism  in Freehold in the mid 80s; and before I found a place nearby (it took a few weeks, but I ended up living on 10Th Ave in Belmar!!  No joke!  Everyone said I did that (working in Freehold and living on 10th Ave) on purpose :D), I had to drive up the freaking turnpike/ Garden State Parkway home after the 3-11 shift... BLASTING Open All Night!!!    

Watching the Western Stars movie.  Stones on at the moment... 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
10 hours ago, JimCT said:

today '75, first day of two-shows-a-day at the Bottom Line - Kitty's Back

Although I did not make the Bruce shows there, I saw many other shows at the old Bottom Line. It was a cozy venue that held only 400 people. (I still do not understand how they got the entire E St Band on that stage!) I used to love to sit against the brick wall on the Mercer Street side, essentially at the "back of the room" (~60' away, give-or-take) but center stage. Then I could tape shows without drawing attention, as everyone was looking the other way ;) The first time I heard the Kitty's Back from one of the BL shows on cassette I was amazed. When Clarence comes forward for that solo I envisioned being blown right thru that brick wall, like that old Maxell ad.

s-l640.jpg

Great little story. Playing it now. Just came home from work and 20 minutes of Kitty's Back are 20 minutes more than well spent!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
On 8/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, rosiejaneymary said:

I was lucky enough to be at that wonderful show!!!!  

Listening to: Iceman 

So many rarities in that show! Solo Thunder Road, Knock On Wood, Thundercrack, Prove It 78 and Quarter To Three. What are your memories of the show? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I don't understand the things I see....the world outside is so unkind.

That performance still gives me brucebumps. It did that night, live, and I wept. I remember when I got the bootleg on cassette, in early '88, and I wept again. In fact - Every.Freaking.Time.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

same show, This Land is Your Land

I went to 40 shows of all flavors in '85, and I have tapes for 39 of them. This show security caught me, during this song, and marched me out. First stop was a table off to the side, where some supervisor took my tapes and proceeded to pull the tapes out of the cassette and ruin them right in front of me. Sad panda :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, JimCT said:

today, Fenway '12, Dirty Water

Was lucky enough to be at that fantastic show (and the one on the 15th as well!!!). 

Loved this sooooo much!!! 

The River.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

From East Berlin 1988.

Shows again the circulating video of this show (as filmed by East German television, and not the complete show) has way too many shots of the crowd and not enough Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Especially the first part of the show in daylight.

But on some songs that is more disturbing than on others and on this song it is not disturbing at all.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
4 hours ago, Lampi said:

The River.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

From East Berlin 1988.

Shows again the circulating video of this show (as filmed by East German television, and not the complete show) has way too many shots of the crowd and not enough Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Especially the first part of the show in daylight.

But on some songs that is more disturbing than on others and on this song it is not disturbing at all.

its that lady with no bra that's disturbing how much camera time she hogged from Bruce