Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Little Queenie / Take 'Em As They Come Philly '99

https://videopress.com/v/G2FG3eUc

I was a client of First Union's swap desk, so my contact got me two tickets to the show in their box. I took an old friend of mine (3 months younger than I am, he grew up and still lives in NYC, so he's never had a driver's license :o), renting a car and driving down to Philly. Lovely show, as you can see below. Driving back on the NJTP I got pulled over. The trooper was merciful, and instead of citing me for speeding he gave me a ticket for an "obscured license plate" because the AVIS frame was too big for their standards. When I returned the car in the morning I took the matter up with AVIS, and got them to pay the ticket ;)  :D :D :D 

1999-09-21 - FIRST UNION CENTER, PHILADELPHIA, PA

Soundcheck: ? / ? / BE TRUE / I WISH I WERE BLIND / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BORN IN THE U.S.A.

LITTLE QUEENIE / TAKE 'EM AS THEY COME / THE PROMISED LAND / TWO HEARTS / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / BE TRUE / FACTORY / THE RIVER / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / JANEY, DON'T YOU LOSE HEART / SHE'S THE ONE / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / MEETING ACROSS THE RIVER / JUNGLELAND / LIGHT OF DAY / CADILLAC RANCH / HUNGRY HEART / BORN TO RUN / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

Opens with the tour's only "Little Queenie", not soundchecked or setlisted: "Now meanwhile, I was thinking. Band doesn't know I'm going to play this song. Key of B boys. Watch me!" The last known performance of "Little Queenie" before this one is Hammersmith Odeon, November 24, 1975. Cracking set also includes "Be True" and "Cadillac Ranch". "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" includes "It's All Right", "Take Me To The River", "Red Headed Woman", and "Rumble Doll", plus Steve playing a snippet of "Soul Man" for his solo. "Light Of Day" includes "You Can't Sit Down" and "I've Been Everywhere".

• Like 2