Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

today '99, that marvelous final night in Chicago - open with Take 'Em As They Come

official link - https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-united-center-chicago-il-09-30-1999-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/20091.html

I was pitching a financing structure I had created to the City, with my Chicago office buds. I managed to schedule the meeting so I could go to Chicago and see the first night. But then I got the chance to schedule a second meeting and return to Chicago for the third night, and got to see this marvelous show. I will say that when NYCS started the crowd seemed baffled. It was only the 4th time played since '75, and it's a personal favorite, so I was ecstatic. Take 'Em, Janey, She's the One, NYCS - swoon.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, MacBruce said:

I always thought it was strange that he never played it after that tour. It's one of the best songs on the Rising and it went over well at the Rising shows I attended.

I also think Further on up the road should have been a live regular after 2002/2003. I know it's not the most taxing song in the world, but it has an anthemic quality which I think would have been popular in the big stadium shows. I seen it played live in Paris in October 2002 right at the start of the Europe leg of the Rising arena tour and it was fabulous.

Yes! I love Further on (up the Road) to bits and would kill to hear it live in a Bruce show! The only live performance of the song I've heard was by a Bruce tribute band and I was singing along the top of my lungs. It was awesome!

7 hours ago, JimCT said:

and Prove It (radio broadcast quality, stunning performance, even by '78 standards) ❤️  ❤️  ❤️

Atlanta 30 September 1978, the greatest Prove It All Night ever!:)

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

and Growin' Up

But no like for this, because I am not a fan of the Bear Story.:ph34r:

Without doubt it was different being there and especially for the 95% or whatever in the audience who only saw it once, not knowing what would happen.

I love all the 'old' Growin' Up stories from the 70s but not this one. The Bear Story is also more visual than the older ones, translating less to an only listening experience (so: you had to be there in person indeed).