Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

today 2009, the last ESB show EVER at Giant's Stadium - THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!

WRECKING BALL (with Curt Ramm) / BADLANDS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / OUTLAW PETE / HUNGRY HEART / WORKING ON A DREAM / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / COVER ME / DARLINGTON COUNTY / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / DOWNBOUND TRAIN / I'M ON FIRE / NO SURRENDER / BOBBY JEAN / I'M GOIN' DOWN / GLORY DAYS / DANCING IN THE DARK / MY HOMETOWN / TOUGHER THAN THE REST (with Curt Ramm) / THE PROMISED LAND / LAST TO DIE (with Curt Ramm) / LONG WALK HOME / THE RISING / BORN TO RUN (with Jay Weinberg) / RAISE YOUR HAND / THE LAST TIME / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / KITTY'S BACK (with Curt Ramm) / AMERICAN LAND (with Curt Ramm) / JERSEY GIRL

Final Giants Stadium show and a 31-song set, including the Born In The U.S.A. album. The Rolling Stones' "The Last Time" gets a fitting premiere in its only tour performance, last seen on the final night of the Darkness Tour in 1979, played by sign request. Jay Weinberg on drums for "Born To Run". "Raise Your Hand" includes a few lines from "You Sexy Thing". "American Land" includes a snippet of "Theme From Shaft" in the midsection. Final tour performances for "Tougher Than The Rest" and "Jersey Girl".

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

today 2009, the last ESB show EVER at Giant's Stadium - THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!

Was at this one too!  And yes, I cried standing in the ‘pit’ area of the field, during Jersey Girl... 

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

today 2007, Giant's Stadium - Thundercrack

Was at this one too... but thought it was inside the Continental Airlines Arena, (right near GS!)? 

19 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Was at this one too!  And yes, I cried standing in the ‘pit’ area of the field, during Jersey Girl... 

Was at this one too... but thought it was inside the Continental Airlines Arena, (right near GS!)? 

You are correct, the old Brendan Byrne Barn, not the stadium - my bad! Which the video clearly says, too. 

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

You are correct, the old Brendan Byrne Barn, not the stadium - my bad! Which the video clearly says, too. 

Yeah, I still think of it as Brendan Byrne... we just call it ‘the arena’ :D

Listening now to Frankie 

• Love Love Love! 2

Oh man ..... a double professor shout out ..... I dont think i have ever heard that before !!!!!

I may have had a major anxiety attack had i been stuck in that crowd for 2 1/2 hours ....but it seems like those that were there were rewarded with a special show ..... The Ties That Bind/Cynthia were played at a killer tempo and the E Street Choir on Ties was incredible !!!!

• Like 1

I was dreaming born to run was on the radio and it was awaome but it wasn't loud enough and i kept turning it up because i couldn't hear it

Turns out in real time by neighbours were having a domestic at the volume of a jumbo jet taking off 

Who knows where this dream was headed but it was wasted !