Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Racing In The Street.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Houston 1978, official live video from Darkness box set.

At 1.55. A.M. you can watch Bruce Springsteen videos or do something else.

Something else can wait now, for a moment.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Racing In The Street.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Houston 1978, official live video from Darkness box set.

At 1.55. A.M. you can watch Bruce Springsteen videos or do something else.

Something else can wait now, for a moment.

Lampi you have a marvellous sense of humour! and I love Racing In The Street. I'm trying to figure out my favourite version. I knew it but with the amazing accumulation of new bootlegs I've forgotten! I do remember it was a quiet soulful version.

59 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Lampi you have a marvellous sense of humour! and I love Racing In The Street. I'm trying to figure out my favourite version. I knew it but with the amazing accumulation of new bootlegs I've forgotten! I do remember it was a quiet soulful version.

Try November '84 - 11/2 & 11/4 @ LA 11/8 @ Tempe 11/16 @ Ames 11/18 @ Lincoln 11/19 @ KC are all excellent

my memory - 

• Love Love Love! 1

52 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Try November '84 - 11/2 & 11/4 @ LA 11/8 @ Tempe 11/16 @ Ames 11/18 @ Lincoln 11/19 @ KC are all excellent

my memory - 

Thank you! I will and thank you and I appreciate your choices. I'll get back to you soon. Enjoy your evening!

Ohhh I just found it
2007-12-07 O2 London UK London Magic Night Crystal Cat

21 hours ago, JimCT said:

my memory - 

Love your picks JimCT!

So far I listened to 11/02 (goosebumps) 11/04 (my fav so far) 11/18 (yes!) and lastly 11/19 (yes!)

Thank you!

When I get my dear mate and supplier (yes I'm an addict - LOL!) Mickb to upload and share 11/08 & 11/16 I may change my opinion.

Again thank you for sharing yours!

• Bruuuuce! 1

10 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Love your picks JimCT!

So far I listened to 11/02 (goosebumps) 11/04 (my fav so far) 11/18 (yes!) and lastly 11/19 (yes!)

Thank you!

When I get my dear mate and supplier (yes I'm an addict - LOL!) Mickb to upload and share 11/08 & 11/16 I may change my opinion.

Again thank you for sharing yours!

Yes, 11/4 is a good one. That’s why Flynn chose to name the boot Washing Sins Off Our Hands in LA when I sent him my original audience masters to clean up for sharing and told him to pick the name for it. And 11/8 is its equal - and @CmonMrTrouble‘s first show. As those are my recordings I’m biased because they take me back to being in those audiences. November ‘84 was a very good leg. 

• Love Love Love! 1

55 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Yes, 11/4 is a good one. That’s why Flynn chose to name the boot Washing Sins Off Our Hands in LA when I sent him my original audience masters to clean up for sharing and told him to pick the name for it. And 11/8 is its equal - and @CmonMrTrouble‘s first show. As those are my recordings I’m biased because they take me back to being in those audiences. November ‘84 was a very good leg. 

OMG!! GOBSMACKED! That's the name of the bootleg I listened to! Bloody awesomely awesome. Great recording. Thank you kind sir for sharing and giving me so much happiness through the years. My oldest brother took me to that show and it is the very first bootleg he got me.

Gobsmacked! Just totally Gobsmacked.

• Love Love Love! 1

24 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

OMG!! GOBSMACKED! That's the name of the bootleg I listened to! Bloody awesomely awesome. Great recording. Thank you kind sir for sharing and giving me so much happiness through the years. My oldest brother took me to that show and it is the very first bootleg he got me.

Gobsmacked! Just totally Gobsmacked.

That makes you at least the 4th person that I have been able to give them a recording of their first show - 3 July 85, Wembley First Night I did for IIRC a Swiss fellow I met thru SPL, 1 Sep 85 at Giant's Stadium was for someone off BTX IIRC, 8 Nov 84 was for @CmonMrTrouble, now this for you. Makes me smile!

What I said to Mikey goes also for you - everyone should have a good copy of their first show. Boots are great, but boots of shows we went to take us back to those moments - what was going on in our lives, who we were with, what the audience vibe was like, what the band was like. It is truly re-living something we lived once already.

As a taper, as an archivist, I was happy to do my best to capture those moments and preserve them for those who could not. I am so glad it found its way to you.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

14 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Listening to:

1984-11-04 Sports Arena Los Angeles Washing Sins Off Our Hands (Jim S Master - Flynn Transfer)

The first bootleg I ever owned!

BTW, the No Surrender from that show always reduces me to a puddle. You can hear the love of Bruce for his absent friend, the longing for a buddy he'd had since they were 16 or so, more than half his life at that point. God I love that one!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 minutes ago, JimCT said:

BTW, the No Surrender from that show always reduces me to a puddle. You can hear the love of Bruce for his absent friend, the longing for a buddy he'd had since they were 16 or so, more than half his life at that point. God I love that one!

Kind awesomeness sir, I am a first responder we don't do water but I am puddling too .... deep sigh .... my new favourite version.

• Hug 1

6 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Kind awesomeness sir, I am a first responder we don't do water but I am puddling too .... deep sigh .... my new favourite version.

IMO that version is almost a different song from the full-band, up-tempo, campaign rally version. I'm guessing you understand that now yourself. Personally, that introspective version is by far my favorite. It is so real, so vulnerable.

• Love Love Love! 1

21 minutes ago, JimCT said:

IMO that version is almost a different song from the full-band, up-tempo, campaign rally version. I'm guessing you understand that now yourself. Personally, that introspective version is by far my favorite. It is so real, so vulnerable.

Yes. Authentic, the layers of the onion peeled back and I feel as if I am bearing witness to a raw heartache ... I love all versions to Springsteen's music .. from the hard rocking version to the quiet raw emotional version. I am grateful for the escape.

Your Leonard Cohen quote is apropos!

• Like 1