Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Drift Away - 1984-08-20 East Rutherford,NJ

Notable as Little Steven joins Bruce to duet (since he wasn't in the tour at that stage), & 1st time played by Bruce.

Both voices in top form, horns backing, & the emotion & mutual admiration just come pouring out - I've said before I love 'spiritual' & this ticks all the boxes - can't listen to it often enough....

1054001365_D3-04DriftAway.flac

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

43 minutes ago, mickb said:

Drift Away - 1984-08-20 East Rutherford,NJ

Notable as Little Steven joins Bruce to duet (since he wasn't in the tour at that stage), & 1st time played by Bruce.

Both voices in top form, horns backing, & the emotion & mutual admiration just come pouring out - I've said before I love 'spiritual' & this ticks all the boxes - can't listen to it often enough....

1054001365_D3-04DriftAway.flac 50.31 MB · 0 downloads

Listened to the Memphis 1984 "Drift Away" a few days ago and I agree. The song (though a cover) is made up of pretty much everything I love about Bruce's music and the underlying message in it.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Watching and listening to the August 15, 1978 Largo show. They're playing Prove it... right now. I'm hoping to watch the entire show before my sleepyhead spouse wakes up and we got to go to a supermarket ("I'm in love with the queen..." :P

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Again listening to the Portland 19 December 1978 show (only listened to the first set a few days ago). -and of course the show has its birthday today.

Candy's Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

....which was the previous song......

....now what is sometimes said the greatest ever version of Because The Night.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Not really strange as this show is also sometimes said to be the greatest show Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

58 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Again listening to the Portland 19 December 1978 show (only listened to the first set a few days ago). -and of course the show has its birthday today.

Candy's Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

....which was the previous song......

....now what is sometimes said the greatest ever version of Because The Night.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Not really strange as this show is also sometimes said to be the greatest show Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played.

Lampi please share, you wrote: sometimes said to be the greatest show .... share a little bit more please and thank you!:D

Rosalita!:)

It goes without saying this is a g....    ....well lets not exaggerate, but at least it is an above-average performance!:)

.....which was the previous song....

Now Born To Run!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Portland 19 December 1978.

• Love Love Love! 2

I was asked yesterday about Backstreets performances. Because this is better known with the harder-core bootleg community and not so widespread, I just wanted to remind folks of these shows in Boston in March of '77, and what special performances they were

• Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

40 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I was asked yesterday about Backstreets performances. Because this is better known with the harder-core bootleg community and not so widespread, I just wanted to remind folks of these shows in Boston in March of '77, and what special performances they were

Magnificent ... thanks for sharing!

46 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Quick question:

Did you pick the Godfather version because it's the best release?