Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

2 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Nothing wrong with a head start :D!

And a shot of tequila, Akvavit, Koskenkorva, or Lakka!

:D Any Koskenkorva days I had are now luckily behind me (preferred Finlandia Vodka though) - I'd buy you a shot anyhow if you were here. :)

• Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

:D Any Koskenkorva days I had are now luckily behind me (preferred Finlandia Vodka though) - I'd buy you a shot anyhow if you were here. :)

I've always wanted to visit. My favourite sister-in-law is Swedish and we have been planning a trip for three years and Finland was always included!!! :D

I will be taking you up on your offer. Thank you!

p.s. she told me to write Finlandia Vodka but I wanted to look smart -- LOL!!! Glug was also on her list. A few of those and it's good night for me.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

24 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

I've always wanted to visit. My favourite sister-in-law is Swedish and we have been planning a trip for three years and Finland was always included!!! :D

I will be taking you up on your offer. Thank you!

p.s. she told me to write Finlandia Vodka but I wanted to look smart -- LOL!!! Glug was also on her list. A few of those and it's good night for me.

Being a Finn, A Swede is my natural enemy! Just kidding! :lol: I'm a little bitter, though, about the fact that Bruce visited Sweden back in 1975 and didn't come to Finland before 2003! Well, I recently read a book about famous musicians from abroad playing in Finland between the years 1955 and 1979 and it really opened my eyes: the way Finns treated musicians back then was at best embarrassing (for example the Stones were greeted with 18 bottles of Koskenkorva AND a huge knife for a present when they arrived for a show in 1965 - and pretty much anytime the audience had the nerve to stand up and dance at a show, the house lights went up or the show was stopped). No wonder our country was seen as the same USSR way back then and not many dared to come and play shows here. :( 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

Being a Finn, A Swede is my natural enemy! Just kidding! :lol: I'm a little bitter, though, about the fact that Bruce visited Sweden back in 1975 and didn't come to Finland before 2003! Well, I recently read a book about famous musicians from abroad playing in Finland between the years 1955 and 1979 and it really opened my eyes: the way Finns treated musicians back then was at best embarrassing (for example the Stones were greeted with 18 bottles of Koskenkorva AND a huge knife for a present when they arrived for a show in 1965 - and pretty much anytime the audience had the nerve to stand up and dance at a show, the house lights went up or the show was stopped). No wonder our country was seen as the same USSR way back then and not many dared to come and play shows here. :( 

Finland is on my list and you are not your neighbour Russia -- and I am totally up for whatever you recommend that is 'the drink' of your country! :D

• Hug 1

27 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

2007-11-18 TD Banknorth Garden Boston MA (Bakerstuff)

THE WHOLE CONCERT! :D

Radio Nowhere :D:D:D and now Night :D:D:D

(I have the Official - but want to listen this version!)

The official release was of the 19th - folks in the bootleg thread wouldn't have uploaded the 18th if it had been released. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

The official release was of the 19th - folks in the bootleg thread wouldn't have uploaded the 18th if it had been released. :ph34r:

My mistake on the date! Thanks Breakaway!

And yes -- no official releases are posted or shared on the board and if you own from wherever prior to the official release that's OK but it can't be shared on the board.

The above is the 2007-11-18

There are 4 bootleg releases for 2007-11-19, that circulated prior to the official release, FYI

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimCT said:

today '80, Nassau Coliseum - Incident on 57th Street ❤️  ❤️  ❤️

Could listen to 'Incident...' over & over - superb!

Currently doing the full 1984-08-20 NJ official release - need the energy from this one!

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

22 minutes ago, mickb said:

Could listen to 'Incident...' over & over - superb!

Currently doing the full 1984-08-20 NJ official release - need the energy from this one!

Pair the Drift Away, focusing in on the "thanks for the 20 years you've given me" with the No Surrender from 4 Nov 84 in LA, that Bruce dedicated to his absent friend, and feel the love of each for the other. Your heart will nearly explode.

• Love Love Love! 2

2 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Pair the Drift Away, focusing in on the "thanks for the 20 years you've given me" with the No Surrender from 4 Nov 84 in LA, that Bruce dedicated to his absent friend, and feel the love of each for the other. Your heart will nearly explode.

yes, that's the line that gets me every time (& I've listened to that song sooo many times). It's all the more poignant because Stevie wasn't touring with them at that stage - It just screams love, affection, friendship, & respect between them.

That's also a great paring you've mentioned - must try these later, but it will be so hard to stop the waterworks with these 2 together!

• Like 1