Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

1 minute ago, mickb said:

yes, that's the line that gets me every time (& I've listened to that song sooo many times). It's all the more poignant because Stevie wasn't touring with them at that stage - It just screams love, affection, friendship, & respect between them.

That's also a great paring you've mentioned - must try these later, but it will be so hard to stop the waterworks with these 2 together!

I understand. I was at both of those shows. The 8/20 boot I could not track down until May '88, but I've had it ever since, and that gives me brucebumps every time. Since I recorded 11/4 I've replayed that often. Two days later I was driving up thru Muir Woods alone in the car, with that on the tape deck, and struggling to stay on my side of the two-lane thru my tears.

Both.Every.Time.

• Love Love Love! 3
  • Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulcrusader78

• Tomas T-B

• JimCT

• Long_Limp_Home92

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mostly when I'm in the Lake, I'm listening to Bruce at the same time. Right now I am listening to New York City Serenade from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle. Which Bruce song are

The Promised Land - Survival Bowl.

Live 75-85: Candy's Room... I'm listening on laptop in work.

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, mickb said:

yes, that's the line that gets me every time (& I've listened to that song sooo many times). It's all the more poignant because Stevie wasn't touring with them at that stage - It just screams love, affection, friendship, & respect between them.

That's also a great paring you've mentioned - must try these later, but it will be so hard to stop the waterworks with these 2 together!

So you don't have to root around for it ;) 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
1 hour ago, sunshine2020 said:

Back to my early morning go to show:

1990-11-16 & 17 The Shrine Auditorium Los Angeles CA The Christic Shows (Official)

Darkness On The Edge of Town -- gorgeous!

Best version of this song ever! 

• Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

Switching gears and years -- LOL! :D

2013-05-07 & 08 HK Areena Turku Finland - Wrecking Ball Box Set (Crystal Cat)

YAY Breakaway!!! What a concert, eh? :D

The only "Wages of sin" so far - shivers down my spine on that one. And "This hard land" was dedicated to the This Hard Land-fan club.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Listened to the entire March 14, 1988 Cleveland show today and realised I hadn't noticed the special mid-section in "Walk like a man" way back when I did the Storyteller for this show! :o

"I guess that sons...sons always turn to their fathers when they're trying to understand what being a man is about...when you're a kid I guess you don't think...I remember looking to my dad that he was wrestling with, he was wrestling with himself...when you're young, you don't think that your parents are human and struggling just like you are..."

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1