Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Just back from a 5 mile run!

Listened to:

Greatest Hits! -- it was just an awesome listen. I can't remember the last time I listened to music that isn't live -- this was surely a treat. I loved every minute of it .... my 3 miler stretched to 5! :D

After thought: there was something so comforting in the album -- I welcomed the predictable and still so utterly amazing in its awesomeness!

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, sunshine2020 said:

After thought: there was something so comforting in the album -- I welcomed the predictable and still so utterly amazing in its awesomeness!

I think the last time I heard Greatest Hits was in a bar some years ago, where the album was played on shuffle. So not really predictable; took me even some time to realize what it was: 'hey, they are playing Bruce!' and then 'hey, more Bruce songs!' until 'Hmm..... so it is Greatest Hits, but played on shuffle'. 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

Just been listening to Western Stars (songs from the film) for the first time in ages.

Totally magnificent. WS is one of Bruce's 5 star masterpiece efforts in my opinion. The big orchestra arrangements on the soundtrack album just enhance it's great songs even more.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Brilliant Disguise, the official video.

Like -I guess- most, if not all, of you, I have seen this video many, many times; but the last time was quite some time ago (probably some years ago, even). Once again struck by the greatness of the video and how creepy it actually is, enhanced by the black-and-white (that the song itself is a very great song goes without saying).

......but one of the YouTube recommendations after this video was: 'Take It Easy Rock' videos ?????????????????????????

I don't know what 'Take It Easy Rock' is, or supposed to be [except a song by The Eagles], but if Brilliant Disguise is 'Take It Easy Rock', then Every Breath You Take too; and then The One You Love (R.E.M.) and I Want You (Elvis Costello) are both love songs.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Tougher Than The Rest, the official video.

Probably my favourite Bruce Springsteen video. Once again my own 'Otherwise I think Carthago should be destroyed' statement: We need a Tunnel Tour DVD! From Los Angeles, complete show (the last 2 shows in L.A. [the 4th and 5th show] were filmed, the official videos of Tougher Than The Rest and Born To Run (acoustic) are from these shows).

And Patti and Bruce looking at each other...soon after that in the eye of the hurricane.

Also, the Tunnel videos (all 5 good or even great) show they learned along the way and got more comfortable with the medium, as a result better [non-live] videos than before.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

After listening to the whole concert: 1996-12-12 Ryman Auditorium Nashville TN (DAT Master Clone Upgrade) yesterday, I went back and played Shut Out The Light again. Then I sought out all the versions both Live and from Tracks put on a loop, and dealt with the waterworks.

Today:

2009-10-02 & 03 Giants Stadium The Meadowlands East Rutherford NJ - Giants Stadium 2009 (Complete Shows - Social Graces IEM not SBD)

Love this 2 night release! My favourite!

Uploading ... you know where!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

8 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

2009-10-02 & 03 Giants Stadium The Meadowlands East Rutherford NJ - Giants Stadium 2009 (Complete Shows - Social Graces IEM not SBD)

Love this 2 night release! My favourite!

I was lucky enough to be at 4 of those fabulous shows, including 10/3... :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1