Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, mickb said:

Preacher's Daughter -  gutted it's never been performed live.....

Never as a complete song, but one verse was played during She's The One (in combination with I Get Mad) at some shows end of the Darkness Tour. Including a few famous shows too (both Winterland shows and it is also on the Houston video). But I guess you all knew this anyway.

BTW, according to Bruce himself, the title of the song is not Preacher's Daughter, or The Preacher's Daughter, or I've Got A Date With The Preacher's Daughter, but something else (unknown). Preacher's Daughter, and its variations, was just the song title according to the bootleggers. Not always bad, as I think, for example, Son You May Kiss The Bride is a better song title than Stolen Car; and Endless Nights a better song title than Wrong Side Of The Street (or, was it indeed Endless Nights and only changed in 2010 because too similar to Restless Nights?).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

Never as a complete song, but one verse was played during She's The One (in combination with I Get Mad) at some shows end of the Darkness Tour. Including a few famous shows too (both Winterland shows and it is also on the Houston video). But I guess you all knew this anyway.

BTW, according to Bruce himself, the title of the song is not Preacher's Daughter, or The Preacher's Daughter, or I've Got A Date With The Preacher's Daughter, but something else (unknown). Preacher's Daughter, and its variations, was just the song title according to the bootleggers. Not always bad, as I think, for example, Son You May Kiss The Bride is a better song title than Stolen Car; and Endless Nights a better song title than Wrong Side Of The Street (or, was it indeed Endless Nights and only changed in 2010 because too similar to Restless Nights?).

Good info Lampi, & you're right re it being part of 'She's The One'. I remember many moons ago buying a vinyl copy of 'Son You May Kiss The Bride', & was amazed at some of the tracks, ie Iceman, Preachers Daughter & Rendezvous, thinking that these were all worthy of a full release :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mickb said:

Backstreets - 1977-03-04 Talk It In Our Hearts (Ev2)

This, the excellent audience recording (especially for the era) which circulated for many, many years as Jacksonville 4 March 1977, is actually from Orlando 6 March 1977. There is no known audio from the Jacksonville show.

(Similar to Kent State 19 January 1974 and Nashville 29 January 1974 then).

Obviously you have to be a very obsessed very diehard fan who spends way too much time on Brucebase and owns a few hundred Bruce Springsteen shows on bootlegs, cassette tapes and in digital format, to be aware of, and even interested in, these things......

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

This, the excellent audience recording (especially for the era) which circulated for many, many years as Jacksonville 4 March 1977, is actually from Orlando 6 March 1977. There is no known audio from the Jacksonville show.

(Similar to Kent State 19 January 1974 and Nashville 29 January 1974 then).

Obviously you have to be a very obsessed very diehard fan who spends way too much time on Brucebase and owns a few hundred Bruce Springsteen shows on bootlegs, cassette tapes and in digital format, to be aware of, and even interested in, these things......

 

I Love that you do and share the knowledge with fledgling addicted -- oops hobbyist collector me!

Thank you! And please don't stop!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

Back to The most wonderful Magic Tour!

I picked this one because @mickb shared recently! Thanks Mick! :D

2007-10-06 Wachovia Center Philadelphia PA - Philadelphia Magic Night (Crystal Cat)

Sound is marvellous and it starts with Night! -- I'm in for the whole concert!

Just for info, the Travitz / EV2 version should have a fuller sound, see below:

(left is CC version, right is Travitz)

Night.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

This, the excellent audience recording (especially for the era) which circulated for many, many years as Jacksonville 4 March 1977, is actually from Orlando 6 March 1977. There is no known audio from the Jacksonville show.

(Similar to Kent State 19 January 1974 and Nashville 29 January 1974 then).

Obviously you have to be a very obsessed very diehard fan who spends way too much time on Brucebase and owns a few hundred Bruce Springsteen shows on bootlegs, cassette tapes and in digital format, to be aware of, and even interested in, these things......

 

You're absolutely right Lampi, I need to delete the version I have under that date (4th).I only wish audio existed for it....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 7:37 PM, sunshine2020 said:

I saw 2!

2nd & 3rd October 2009! :D

Do you have the bootlegs? Or do you need them -- I'm happy to upload for you.

September 30, 2009 then 

October 3rd, 8th, and 9th 2009 were my 4! So we were at one show ‘together’ :D

Thank you!!! i only have a few ‘boots,’ but no, none from these shows... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

September 30, 2009 then 

October 3rd, 8th, and 9th 2009 were my 4! So we were at one show ‘together’ :D

Thank you!!! i only have a few ‘boots,’ but no, none from these shows... 

Yep we were there together apart loving it right? Do you want me to upload? Happy to do so! Any time :D

What an awesome run those shows were! :D

  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...