Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

11 hours ago, mickb said:

Preacher's Daughter -  gutted it's never been performed live.....

Never as a complete song, but one verse was played during She's The One (in combination with I Get Mad) at some shows end of the Darkness Tour. Including a few famous shows too (both Winterland shows and it is also on the Houston video). But I guess you all knew this anyway.

BTW, according to Bruce himself, the title of the song is not Preacher's Daughter, or The Preacher's Daughter, or I've Got A Date With The Preacher's Daughter, but something else (unknown). Preacher's Daughter, and its variations, was just the song title according to the bootleggers. Not always bad, as I think, for example, Son You May Kiss The Bride is a better song title than Stolen Car; and Endless Nights a better song title than Wrong Side Of The Street (or, was it indeed Endless Nights and only changed in 2010 because too similar to Restless Nights?).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

Never as a complete song, but one verse was played during She's The One (in combination with I Get Mad) at some shows end of the Darkness Tour. Including a few famous shows too (both Winterland shows and it is also on the Houston video). But I guess you all knew this anyway.

BTW, according to Bruce himself, the title of the song is not Preacher's Daughter, or The Preacher's Daughter, or I've Got A Date With The Preacher's Daughter, but something else (unknown). Preacher's Daughter, and its variations, was just the song title according to the bootleggers. Not always bad, as I think, for example, Son You May Kiss The Bride is a better song title than Stolen Car; and Endless Nights a better song title than Wrong Side Of The Street (or, was it indeed Endless Nights and only changed in 2010 because too similar to Restless Nights?).

Good info Lampi, & you're right re it being part of 'She's The One'. I remember many moons ago buying a vinyl copy of 'Son You May Kiss The Bride', & was amazed at some of the tracks, ie Iceman, Preachers Daughter & Rendezvous, thinking that these were all worthy of a full release :)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mickb said:

Backstreets - 1977-03-04 Talk It In Our Hearts (Ev2)

This, the excellent audience recording (especially for the era) which circulated for many, many years as Jacksonville 4 March 1977, is actually from Orlando 6 March 1977. There is no known audio from the Jacksonville show.

(Similar to Kent State 19 January 1974 and Nashville 29 January 1974 then).

Obviously you have to be a very obsessed very diehard fan who spends way too much time on Brucebase and owns a few hundred Bruce Springsteen shows on bootlegs, cassette tapes and in digital format, to be aware of, and even interested in, these things......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

This, the excellent audience recording (especially for the era) which circulated for many, many years as Jacksonville 4 March 1977, is actually from Orlando 6 March 1977. There is no known audio from the Jacksonville show.

Obviously you have to be a very obsessed very diehard fan who spends way too much time on Brucebase and owns a few hundred Bruce Springsteen shows on bootlegs, cassette tapes and in digital format, to be aware of, and even interested in, these things......

I Love that you do and share the knowledge with fledgling addicted -- oops hobbyist collector me!

Thank you! And please don't stop!

15 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

Back to The most wonderful Magic Tour!

I picked this one because @mickb shared recently! Thanks Mick! :D

2007-10-06 Wachovia Center Philadelphia PA - Philadelphia Magic Night (Crystal Cat)

Sound is marvellous and it starts with Night! -- I'm in for the whole concert!

Just for info, the Travitz / EV2 version should have a fuller sound, see below:

(left is CC version, right is Travitz)

Night.PNG

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

You're absolutely right Lampi, I need to delete the version I have under that date (4th).I only wish audio existed for it....

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 7:37 PM, sunshine2020 said:

I saw 2!

2nd & 3rd October 2009! :D

Do you have the bootlegs? Or do you need them -- I'm happy to upload for you.

September 30, 2009 then 

October 3rd, 8th, and 9th 2009 were my 4! So we were at one show ‘together’ :D

Thank you!!! i only have a few ‘boots,’ but no, none from these shows... 

21 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

September 30, 2009 then 

October 3rd, 8th, and 9th 2009 were my 4! So we were at one show ‘together’ :D

Thank you!!! i only have a few ‘boots,’ but no, none from these shows... 

Yep we were there together apart loving it right? Do you want me to upload? Happy to do so! Any time :D

What an awesome run those shows were! :D

• Bruuuuce! 1