Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

29 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Yep we were there together apart loving it right? Do you want me to upload? Happy to do so! Any time :D

What an awesome run those shows were! :D

Yes it was... as ALL his shows are :D

That would be great!  Whenever it’s convenient...!! 

Sorry if I missed this info, but where do you live??  

8 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes it was... as ALL his shows are :D

That would be great!  Whenever it’s convenient...!! 

Sorry if I missed this info, but where do you live??  

Happy to upload on the Bootleg board and will pm you when its up - would it be ok within 2 hours? I'm downloading to Mega now as soon as finished I will upload.

2009-10-02 & 03 Giants Stadium East Rutherford NJ is up already if you're interested.

I live on the beach on the West Coast and I know the swamps of Jersey!! :D

• Thanks 1

1997-01-07 Place des Arts Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier Montreal Quebec Canada

The Ghost of Tom Joad Tour -- a scorching Born In The USA!

And revisiting:

1977-03-06 Jai-Alai Miami Florida - Talk It In Our Hearts (Ev2)

The Born To Run Tour  -- a searing sublime Backstreets!

:D

Long Live Great Music!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

who else first heard this song (not this performance) in the 80s on the "Fire on the Fingertips" boot? ;) 

That's me, I think.:) At least the version on Fire on the Fingertips. Maybe first heard it on another bootleg with songs from the early days (Forgotten Songs was another one). This very well-known oft-bootlegged version is also the version on Tracks, which makes it likely the song was never recorded in the studio.

Forgotten Songs, and quite some other famous and less famous bootlegs, I only own on cassette tapes, but for Fire on the Fingertips I own the original famous bootleg on vinyl, bought at a record fair.

To go to a record fair and to see all those famous bootlegs from the Blinded By The Light book really existed!:) You could even touch them! You could even smell them! You could even buy them!:)

• Like 1

After the show was mentioned a few times in various topics the past days, including 2 posts before this:

The show from Jacksonville, 4 March 1977. Which is actually the show from Miami, 6 March 1977.

A show famous for the exceptional sound quality (for the era) of the audience tape.

Starting of couse with Night!:)

Wow, what a great performance! (as usual for 1976 and 1977 versions of Night, of course).

• Love Love Love! 1

Jungleland!:wub:

The Miami 6.3.1977 show again, after some daily life business interrupted my listening for a few hours.

And what a great show it is (as all 1977 shows you might say). Such a shame it was misdated for so long.

Also a little shame the show is not entirely complete, missing the end of Rosalita and the encore; but we should thank the taper (who passed away in 2003) for recording this show in such excellent quality anyway.

Particular very great performances of It's My Life and Mona/She's The One Too.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

First disc from Tracks.....hadn't listened to it for years. Some truly amazing stuff here.

Zero and Blind Terry..,,written by a young 23 year old lad from Asbury Park. Just mesmerising.

• Like 2