Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

When I last visited my parents during the holidays, I found a bunch of forgotten Bruce-cds in my old room. This time around I opened some drawers and found dozens and dozens of Bruce-tapes my mom has saved! I had no idea! Too bad I don't have a tape player any more. :( Well, hopefully and probably all the tapes I once used for Storyteller are out there as FLACs or mp3s.

20210113_232946.jpg

20210113_233034.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

16 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

When I last visited my parents during the holidays, I found a bunch of forgotten Bruce-cds in my old room. This time around I opened some drawers and found dozens and dozens of Bruce-tapes my mom has saved! I had no idea! Too bad I don't have a tape player any more. :( Well, hopefully and probably all the tapes I once used for Storyteller are out there as FLACs or mp3s.

20210113_232946.jpg

20210113_233034.jpg

You need a tape player! :D Something awesome lies waiting to be rediscovered by you!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

Bruce-tapes

Picture looks familiar.......:lol:

Did you also collect tapes of soundchecks, New Jersey Club shows from the 80s and incomplete audience tapes with horrible sound quality?:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Picture looks familiar.......:lol:

Did you also collect tapes of soundchecks, New Jersey Club shows from the 80s and incomplete audience tapes with horrible sound quality?:)

Most of the shows from 1973-1997 that I used for Storytellers were on tape so yes. :) The shows sounded pretty good then though they now sound bad - I think it's because the sound systems we now have are almost too high quality. I know it sounds funny but right now I'm listening to an audience recording of Berkeley 1978-06-30 on a 20-year-old portable CD-player in my old room and it sounds just fine. If I listened to this on the sound system I have at my own home, this would sound pretty horrible.

• Like 2

Wow, I found my first bootleg ever! Thanks Mom for saving this! I bought this tape from Munich, Germany back in 1991 while holidaying with relatives (I was nearly 14 years old then). A mess of Winterland tracks that blew my mind. :) I also bought Dylan's Bootleg Series vol. 1-3 thinking it was an actual bootleg. :D

P.S. In order to stay true to this thread, I'm listening to "For you" from Berkeley 1978-06-30 now and heading for "The Promised Land."

20210114_003113.jpg

20210114_002954.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Thunder Road - 1995-07-09 - Cafe Eckstein, Berlin

(just posted a copy of the full gig on the boots thread - Knockin' On Heavens Door is great too)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

38 minutes ago, mickb said:

Thunder Road - 1995-07-09 - Cafe Eckstein, Berlin

(just posted a copy of the full gig on the boots thread - Knockin' On Heavens Door is great too)

Me too!!! LOL! :D

1995-07-09 Cafe Eckstein Berlin Germany!

The whole show! Yay Thunder Road :D

Thanks Mickb!!!!

7 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Me too!!! LOL! :D

1995-07-09 Cafe Eckstein Berlin Germany!

The whole show! Yay Thunder Road :D

Thanks Mickb!!!!

collaboration ;)

• Hug 1

1985-06-04 St. James' Park Newcastle UK (Fanatic)

Amazing Racing In The Streets!!!!

The whole show! :D

p.s. My opinion the best so far remains: 1984 Tempe AZ @JimCT and I'm open to listening to every version in existence. And in possessing every version in existence. I' a hobbyist! :D @mickb

EDIT: The recording of this show is great!

1 hour ago, sunshine2020 said:

1985-06-04 St. James' Park Newcastle UK (Fanatic)

Amazing Racing In The Streets!!!!

The whole show! :D

p.s. My opinion the best so far remains: 1984 Tempe AZ @JimCT and I'm open to listening to every version in existence. And in possessing every version in existence. I' a hobbyist! :D @mickb

EDIT: The recording of this show is great!

I agree. It’s a great recording, and a great version. Yet I prefer Tempe. For mickb’s first show? Special! Your first Racing was LA, and that's a pretty special one, too!

• Love Love Love! 1

39 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I agree. It’s a great recording, and a great version. Yet I prefer Tempe. For mickb’s first show? Special! Your first Racing was LA, and that's a pretty special one, too!

So far my three favourite versions are forever linked to the three of us! :D

• Hug 1

4 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

So far my three favourite versions are forever linked to the three of us! :D

As Bruce said in the Garden of Eden story, "Let's just say ... it was the first time."

• Bruuuuce! 1