Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

23 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

so I was hoping I would catch you listening to Galveston Bay 

but how did you find Winterland ?

have you changed your mind on Prove it being your worst song on Darkness ?

(that's my favorite song after BTR btw)

My comments weren't on Winterland; they were on 3/25/77, Boston, final show of the Lawsuit tour. I have not heard Winterland.

Haha, it's very unlikely you'll ever catch me listening to Galveston and almost a certainty I'll never change my mind on Prove It - which I do like - but for me it's, like... a 6/10 with the rest of the album being 9/10 or 10/10. It'd be one of my favorite least-favorite-songs-from-a-Bruce-album but is also one of the most firmly locked in with how much higher I rate everything else.

But I know how you feel because I see people naming Candy's Room in that thread which is my favorite not off Born to Run, 4th favorite overall - absolute masterpiece.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

My comments weren't on Winterland; they were on 3/25/77, Boston, final show of the Lawsuit tour. I have not heard Winterland.

Haha, it's very unlikely you'll ever catch me listening to Galveston and almost a certainty I'll never change my mind on Prove It - which I do like - but for me it's, like... a 6/10 with the rest of the album being 9/10 or 10/10. It'd be one of my favorite least-favorite-songs-from-a-Bruce-album but is also one of the most firmly locked in with how much higher I rate everything else.

But I know how you feel because I see people naming Candy's Room in that thread which is my favorite not off Born to Run, 4th favorite overall - absolute masterpiece.

OMG there are people who call Candy's room as a least favorite ? :o:o

they need to turn it up loud man !!!

• Like 5

Who's the man who thinks he can decide whose dreams will live and whose shall be pushed aside? Has he ever walked down these streets at night and looked into the eyes? - So, so good.

Can't stop listening to None But The Brave. In some ways the definitive Springsteen song, or at least one of them. That last verse - "Caught in a game they've got no chance to win, getting beat and playing again, til their strength gives out or their heart gives in" - that's pure, crushing Bruce.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

Can't stop listening to None But The Brave. In some ways the definitive Springsteen song, or at least one of them. That last verse - "Caught in a game they've got no chance to win, getting beat and playing again, til their strength gives out or their heart gives in" - that's pure, crushing Bruce.

Same here. Been listening to it all week. Never gave it much attention till now. The lyrics, the sax and the guitar are just all so incredible. What a great song.    

• Like 1

As I type this, I'm listening to "The Train Song" from Steel Mill. Love this song and always will. 

Cool thing is that I also played it last night for my little 12 year old Sydney girl and asked her ..."who is this"?  She said (with eye's looking up to mine) - "Bruce". Proudly I say that she know's Bruce and the band probably better than most 12 year old's on the planet! 

I told her with a smile, that's my girl!!

• Like 6