Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

15 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

This fantastic song got more lost than any other of Bruce's!

Reason probably because there was, as far as we know, never a studio version recorded (correct me if I am wrong), and Action In The Streets was only performed live in 1977.

So an official live release of a 1977 show seems the only possibility. But there seems to be no evidence there was ever a 1977 show professionally recorded. Which is a shame (to say the least).

Edit: as you can find really everything on Brucebase: there was 1 non-1977 live performance of Action In The Streets, at a club show in Asbury Park in 2011.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

Reason probably because there was, as far as we know, never a studio version recorded (correct me if I am wrong), and Action In The Streets was only performed live in 1977.

So an official live release of a 1977 show seems the only possibility. But there seems to be no evidence there was ever a 1977 show professionally recorded. Which is a shame (to say the least).

Edit: as you can find really everything on Brucebase: there was 1 non-1977 live performance of Action In The Streets, at a club show in Asbury Park in 2011.

yeah no I know, I just think it's a shame he dropped it for the recording sessions and then the Darkness tour. I enjoy Paradise By The Sea it can't compare to Action In The Streets for me.

• Like 1

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I love anything like this, two years before the studio version was released.

that's what I'm going to hear in February

10 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Long Walk Home with intro.

that's really beautiful.

thanks for posting my friend 

• Like 7

High Hopes album. I hadn't listened to it for months and, actually, I really like most of it. Not an "album" in the sense of a complete project, but some great out-takes and arrangements. Love "The Wall"

• Like 8

Just sat down to have some lunch and decided to play the whole BTR album. Realise that I don't do this often enough, play it in the car sometimes, but when I'm at home I'm more likely to,pull out a rarity or watch videos from here. But my God, this album is just so fantastic - which I know none of you need telling, but I just wanted to share how it's making me feel!

Plus I'm a tad emotional at the moment after sorting out photos and stuff about my dad for the spare parts thread...

• Like 8

8 hours ago, tie that bind said:

This thread is my first port of call when I hit the Lake where do you guys get these gems from.

From vinyl bootlegs, from cd bootlegs, and from, uhm, yes, from CASSETTE TAPES!!!:D:D:D

• Like 4