Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

10 hours ago, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

No doubt, he had great stage presence and hearing him play all of those different instruments was something I had never heard before either. Yeah that's the truth! I think it was in one of the recent interviews that he did to promote his book that he said how lucky he was that Jake was there for him. You're definitely right about that! Jake made a solo album as well if I remember right.

I've been anticipating it for a long time now so I don't know how I haven't read it either! But really after reading that post I'm getting it first thing the stores open tomorrow. What you said about savoring it is exactly how I feel. So much that I've been putting off getting it all togeter haha. Yeah that is definitely a good thing though, understanding all of that stuff must add a whole lot to the music now. When reading sometimes it can be hard to understand the writer's tone so if he reads it then that would be so great. When you're done I expect to read a 5 page book report on it! Lol. Really though it's so great to see you and everyone else are liking it so much.

Yeah I think I saw that! They seem to have a connection as well which is great. I read the start way too quickly so I'm gonna re-read it again. I think I just got a little too excited haha!! There's lots of bits that I've actually read over and over because it's so wonderful though. I'm not sure I ever want to finish it. It's strange, after seeing Bruce live for the first time, listening to him after was so different. His music just hit so much harder. Then again, when the Vanity Fair article came out, the same thing happened and now after reading the book too. Just when I thought it couldn't be taken to new depths! Hahah, I have made some little notes, but once I'm done I'm gonna really think about it! There's lots to comment on. Lots of feelings evoked! You'll have to read it before you read my report though, don't want to ruin anything :P I bet you have high hopes!

• Like 1

Sun comes every morning,

But it ain't no friend...

I get dressed and I go back again...

The rain, it keeps on falling

On twisted bones and dirt...

I'm buried to my heart here in this hurt...

The fire keeps on burning,

You're waiting in the cold.....

Down in the hole... down in the hole...

Dark and bloody autumn

Pierces my heart...

The memory of your kiss tears me apart...

The sky above is turning...

The world below's gone grey...

I thought that I could turn and walk away..

But the fire keeps on burning, I'm working in the cold...

...down in the hole...

• Like 4

On 10/2/2016 at 4:41 PM, rachelharms said:

Yeah I think I saw that! They seem to have a connection as well which is great. I read the start way too quickly so I'm gonna re-read it again. I think I just got a little too excited haha!! There's lots of bits that I've actually read over and over because it's so wonderful though. I'm not sure I ever want to finish it. It's strange, after seeing Bruce live for the first time, listening to him after was so different. His music just hit so much harder. Then again, when the Vanity Fair article came out, the same thing happened and now after reading the book too. Just when I thought it couldn't be taken to new depths! Hahah, I have made some little notes, but once I'm done I'm gonna really think about it! There's lots to comment on. Lots of feelings evoked! You'll have to read it before you read my report though, don't want to ruin anything :P I bet you have high hopes!

Yeah I love seeing that connection! I also heard Jake talking on the Sirius radio station about touring with them and the preparation it takes to learn some of the songs. Sometimes given under 24 hours to perfect a part before the show. It's definitely not just you who is excited! The excitement is definitely warranted for all fans. 

That's so true about what it's like after seeing him live. I had trouble explaining it but that description is dead on. Was it the London show you saw or any others as well? I was thinking about the best set lists around that time and that particular set list was so well rounded and one of the best. It was one of the shows and I had to download because of it. Reading the Vanity Fair article really humanized him, for me, more than ever before. Specifically reading about his struggles and depression. It puts into perspective the image someone projects to the public and how they really are in the personal lives. To fill up and write 500 pages he must go into extreme depths! I'm so glad he did as opposed to writing 300 pages like some and covering a lot less aspects of his life. What kind of notes are you making?

When I went to the book store and finally saw it, it was just like "what the hell have I been doing?" I'm surprised I waited so long! Oh yes, of course I'll have to read it before your report! Just so I can make a rubric and hold it to the highest standards! Lol. 

On 10/2/2016 at 4:41 PM, rachelharms said:

:P I bet you have high hopes!

How did you know?! You must be psychic!! 

22 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I wish they sold individual tracks from shows on nugs.net. I may have to get this show for this one song. I dunno.

Edit: I can't! That guy makes the guitar too low - well, it was fine in the Foxboro show - I'd hate to buy this and find Bruce's unique lead lost in the mix. :(

I forgot that show was played. Great audio and video to go with it. You may want to get the full show because it does have so many good songs, but you could pull the audio from that YouTube video and save it.

2 hours ago, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

I forgot that show was played. Great audio and video to go with it. You may want to get the full show because it does have so many good songs, but you could pull the audio from that YouTube video and save it.

Thanks, but you can't hear Nils on one official mix on you tube I heard from it, on Lonesome Day. I can't pay for that. I wish I could just buy "Long Walk Home" (including intro) from that show. Thanks anyway though.