Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

12 hours ago, rachelharms said:

It felt very different to any show/gig I've ever been to, but in a good way of course. Despite there being over 80,000 people in the crowd it still managed to feel very intimate. Yes I know!!! I never would've expected it!! I'm so glad it panned out the way it did though, and I'm glad they're finally venturing over to AUS next year again too! When he came out and done that to begin with I'm pretty sure I was in a state of shock. There were rarities and I loved that. Be True and I'll Work For Your Love were big surprises for me.. Oh and Seeds! And Johnny 99... Hahaha :P 

There was some stuff that was surprising but I understand why it was there. I think I might have to write about it a little bit, it seems there are a lot of things that have stuck in my mind from the book! Yeah it's best you avoid it for now but as soon as your done, get straight there! It was interesting to see what everyone else thought and pulled out from the book. 

Yes! I think I need to open up my own fortune tellers on this side of the pond haha! 

Oh wow I had no idea that's how many people some of those shows had! That's quite incredible. At the show I was at there was no more than 18,000 and that felt like a ton. Yeah that Australia tour should be awesome! If only I could venture over there and experience it in person. Early in my fan hood I probably wouldn't have been all over Does This Bus Stop, but now I love every version of that song. Especially the solo piano version. It's definitely a song that is enhanced in the live setting, that full band version is addicting as well! Haha I know all of those songs are amazing! Thanks for rubbing it in!! Lol, just kidding! I love listening to the downloads of all of them too. 

When you say write about it, do you mean like a personal journal or blog? Or whatever else it may be. I couldn't help myself from skipping around a little bit to see one or two parts I was really interested in, but now I'm just going start to finish. I also just like knowing that there are things in the book that is worth being a spoiler! There must be some really juicy parts then.

18 hours ago, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

Oh wow I had no idea that's how many people some of those shows had! That's quite incredible. At the show I was at there was no more than 18,000 and that felt like a ton. Yeah that Australia tour should be awesome! If only I could venture over there and experience it in person. Early in my fan hood I probably wouldn't have been all over Does This Bus Stop, but now I love every version of that song. Especially the solo piano version. It's definitely a song that is enhanced in the live setting, that full band version is addicting as well! Haha I know all of those songs are amazing! Thanks for rubbing it in!! Lol, just kidding! I love listening to the downloads of all of them too. 

When you say write about it, do you mean like a personal journal or blog? Or whatever else it may be. I couldn't help myself from skipping around a little bit to see one or two parts I was really interested in, but now I'm just going start to finish. I also just like knowing that there are things in the book that is worth being a spoiler! There must be some really juicy parts then.

Well that's stadium tours for ya! I'd like to see Bruce in an indoor venue with a much smaller audience though. I'm the same, definitely into Bruce's earlier stuff a lot more nowadays. Kitty's Back is now one of my favourites! Hahahah, I'm sorry! Sometimes it just seems too unbelievable and I can't comprehend what I witnessed! The download is great. I've been looking at downloading some other shows so the current threads have been helping that a lot. Took me a while to be able to listen to the London one though, y'know, was a bit emotional :P 

probably just personally but I'd maybe talk a little more about some stuff on here once more people have finished reading! Haha how could you do that!! I'm glad you're finally reading it though. I wouldn't say juicy, more 'conversation pieces'! I think there's lots that can be picked out from it 

On 10/7/2016 at 11:26 AM, rachelharms said:

Well that's stadium tours for ya! I'd like to see Bruce in an indoor venue with a much smaller audience though. I'm the same, definitely into Bruce's earlier stuff a lot more nowadays. Kitty's Back is now one of my favourites! Hahahah, I'm sorry! Sometimes it just seems too unbelievable and I can't comprehend what I witnessed! The download is great. I've been looking at downloading some other shows so the current threads have been helping that a lot. Took me a while to be able to listen to the London one though, y'know, was a bit emotional :P 

probably just personally but I'd maybe talk a little more about some stuff on here once more people have finished reading! Haha how could you do that!! I'm glad you're finally reading it though. I wouldn't say juicy, more 'conversation pieces'! I think there's lots that can be picked out from it 

That would be amazing to see something like that in a small venue. Some of those old shows I listen to now had such small audiences. Like the '75 Main Point show had a few hundred people. I envy those people so much! I know exactly what you mean, it's like you just want to keep re-experiencing that day. And if listening back to it makes you emotional then that says a lot about how special it really was! Sometimes I've noticed things listening to the downloads I didn't catch listening to it the night it happened. There are so many good ones to choose from now. It's hard to pick but in a good way.

I'd think there are probably a lot of people who read it who'll write about it as well! Just being able to relate to some of the things as well as just expressing yourself on paper. It's a great outlet to have. Haha I know I probably shouldn't have but it's hard to hold myself back! Even now I'm not trying to read it very fast just to make it last, but at the same time I just want to finish it all in a single day and get to all of those good parts you're talking about!

18 hours ago, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

That would be amazing to see something like that in a small venue. Some of those old shows I listen to now had such small audiences. Like the '75 Main Point show had a few hundred people. I envy those people so much! I know exactly what you mean, it's like you just want to keep re-experiencing that day. And if listening back to it makes you emotional then that says a lot about how special it really was! Sometimes I've noticed things listening to the downloads I didn't catch listening to it the night it happened. There are so many good ones to choose from now. It's hard to pick but in a good way.

I'd think there are probably a lot of people who read it who'll write about it as well! Just being able to relate to some of the things as well as just expressing yourself on paper. It's a great outlet to have. Haha I know I probably shouldn't have but it's hard to hold myself back! Even now I'm not trying to read it very fast just to make it last, but at the same time I just want to finish it all in a single day and get to all of those good parts you're talking about!

I think a small, appreciative audience would be incredible!! I envy anyone who saw Bruce in the 70's... And 80's actually. The original River tour looked amazing and I'm forever watching YouTube videos of shows from it. Yeah I don't ever want the memory to slip away haha! Yeah I get what you mean. I mean I know it sounds good live but listening to the downloads really shows how good it was sometimes. I've downloaded the Paris one and the MetLife shows and I'm loving them. 

There's a lot of stuff in the book that people will be able to relate to so I'm sure they will! I read it really quickly but it was still wonderful to read. You can always go back anyway like I have! The good parts I must've read over and over again... But that's when you know it's a good book!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I think a small, appreciative audience would be incredible!! I envy anyone who saw Bruce in the 70's... And 80's actually. The original River tour looked amazing and I'm forever watching YouTube videos of shows from it. Yeah I don't ever want the memory to slip away haha! Yeah I get what you mean. I mean I know it sounds good live but listening to the downloads really shows how good it was sometimes. I've downloaded the Paris one and the MetLife shows and I'm loving them. 

There's a lot of stuff in the book that people will be able to relate to so I'm sure they will! I read it really quickly but it was still wonderful to read. You can always go back anyway like I have! The good parts I must've read over and over again... But that's when you know it's a good book!

I know, right! Endless memorable moments that filled those decades. I need to find a time machine and go back in time! The audio for those shows is amazing, but the video to go with it is just spectacular. They play with so much passion and I love watching it. If only there were more cameras back then. That's awesome! The Metlife shows are a great set that emulate the whole tour. I love the Paris one too. The opening with Incident and then Reason To Believe is awesome. I haven't heard the full thing yet but I know it's gotta be great. It's memorable because the power went out too.

Yeah that's very true! I'm just starting to get to that. I know you definitely can! You'd probably pick up on a whole lot of new things reading it again. I know that happens to me all the time with things, like tv shows, movies, and books. I think I'd have to agree with your assessment, that's definitely a sing of a good book! As I keep reading I continue to be impressed with the writing. Like I knew it'd be good but it's better than expected. 

• Like 1