Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

As i mentioned few days back i had TOL on heavy rotation.Then all of a sudden, i started humming Happy and after a real long time played that song and remembered how much i used to love it when it first came out.

• Like 5

Lost In The Flood (still on 10/12/74); the intro, I wasn't looking at the cover, I thought It's My Life was starting, as it has that same musical intro in it. Unusual.

johhnyjanebck.jpg

Good show so far, not the best sound quality. (Whatever he said in a whispered voice near the end of E Street Shuffle was inaudible to me even if the audience got it)

• Like 7

Passaic '78 on YouTube. I didn't know the video existed (I must have been hiding under a rock, or something)

Thunder Road on right now... Awesome!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Me and Frank said:

Passaic '78 on YouTube. I didn't know the video existed

There are in fact two videos, one from the first and one from the second night. Both in black and white.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Lampi said:

There are in fact two videos, one from the first and one from the second night. Both in black and white.

More bliss!

• Like 2

On 9 October 2016 at 10:06 PM, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

I know, right! Endless memorable moments that filled those decades. I need to find a time machine and go back in time! The audio for those shows is amazing, but the video to go with it is just spectacular. They play with so much passion and I love watching it. If only there were more cameras back then. That's awesome! The Metlife shows are a great set that emulate the whole tour. I love the Paris one too. The opening with Incident and then Reason To Believe is awesome. I haven't heard the full thing yet but I know it's gotta be great. It's memorable because the power went out too.

Yeah that's very true! I'm just starting to get to that. I know you definitely can! You'd probably pick up on a whole lot of new things reading it again. I know that happens to me all the time with things, like tv shows, movies, and books. I think I'd have to agree with your assessment, that's definitely a sing of a good book! As I keep reading I continue to be impressed with the writing. Like I knew it'd be good but it's better than expected. 

Hahah let me know when you find that time machine!!! I wanna go back too! I'm just so thankful that there's so many good quality videos on YouTube of those years. Even the kind of bad quality ones are still better than nothing. I can spend hours on there haha!

I know! Staying awake for those MetLife shows was so worth it. I could tell at the time it was something special and I knew I had to download them as soon as they were released. I don't think I'll ever be over the setlists!!!! Yes definitely. 

I hope you're enjoying the book so far! I've re-read some parts already and there's some stuff jumping out to me now that didn't before so maybe I did read it too quickly :rolleyes: that's how I felt too. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed! I'll be awaiting your full review !!

• Like 1