Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • soulcrusader78

    3721

  • Tomas T-B

    3020

  • Long_Limp_Home92

    1523

  • sietze1976

    1458

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mostly when I'm in the Lake, I'm listening to Bruce at the same time. Right now I am listening to New York City Serenade from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle. Which Bruce song are

The Promised Land - Survival Bowl.

Live 75-85: Candy's Room... I'm listening on laptop in work.

Posted Images

First ever Wrecking Ball! Such a special and emotional song for them. Just wish I had a better recording, this one dips in quality half way through.

It's funny to watch how Bruce had to stop midway in a couple lines to laugh whenever he mentions NJ and the crowd erupts. It's like the story he would tell that whenever you say a crowds hometown they'll cheer no matter what you say, even if it was about mentioning a terrible thing. Can't remember where that was from though.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

 

Great post! The reunion tour was so incredible and it's always great hearing more of that tour. Especially when it's got Racing in the Street and the ultra rare Lion's Den. The audio is awesome to hear but the video to accompany it is amazing.

I wish they'd play The River again like they did then. Heard it first on the LINYC DVD and it was breathtaking. I mean, that saxophone at the beginning... Chilling and stunning are words that come to mind. Truly one of the most beautiful songs I've heard.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

Great post! The reunion tour was so incredible and it's always great hearing more of that tour. Especially when it's got Racing in the Street and the ultra rare Lion's Den. The audio is awesome to hear but the video to accompany it is amazing.

I wish they'd play The River again like they did then. Heard it first on the LINYC DVD and it was breathtaking. I mean, that saxophone at the beginning... Chilling and stunning are words that come to mind. Truly one of the most beautiful songs I've heard.

Everything you've posted pretty much went through my head while watching as well. I didn't look at the setlist before watching so Lion's Den was a nice little surprise - maybe he needs to play it more often nowadays to remind people of how it goes ;)... 

Completely agree about the video accompanying too, it's awesome to have the great quality official downloads, but sometimes you just need to see what's happening onstage to truly appreciate everything. Gonna be honest I've never actually noticed Danny playing the accordion while watching and listening to Live in NYC so that performance was a nice C and Danny showcase. 

I love learning about the Reunion tour because of things like how they played The River, I get the feeling everything was done with a "let's see how it goes!" attitude whereas, while today's shows are still awesome, there's a bit of a "we'll stick to what the people know and play it a bit safe" vibe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Ah Jesus, I feel bad for laughing now. 

He's on many bootlegs saying the same thing. He's an attention seeking smoggie git. He's known as the "I still fucking love you" guy.

He's a knob.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

He's on many bootlegs saying the same thing. He's an attention seeking smoggie git. He's known as the "I still fucking love you" guy.

He's a knob.

See at first I thought you were joking because Boro :D, but the idea of him piping up during every moment of silence sounds quite pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

See at first I thought you were joking

No Roy was not joking. I think he first showed up (and shouted 'Bruce I fuckin' love you') in 1996, but I might be wrong with this. Only shows in London, I think.

I also seem to remember at a certain show he was removed by people of the venue at the request of Bruce. But also not quite sure of that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lampi said:

No Roy was not joking. I think he first showed up (and shouted 'Bruce I fuckin' love you') in 1996, but I might be wrong with this. Only shows in London, I think.

I also seem to remember at a certain show he was removed by people of the venue at the request of Bruce. But also not quite sure of that. 

Wow, that's really strange.

If that second paragraph is true, it's understandable because he was being an arse, but imagine if as a massive Bruce fan you were living your life knowing that Bruce himself didn't want you in a show, that Bruce didn't particularly like you. That would be really, really hard to deal with, but it would be the price you've paid for being an attention seeking dick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...