Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

Aw, My Beautiful Reward is real nice here too.

Disc I got from the library must have been scratched or something as Living Proof and Man's Job both cut out after a minute :( I'll have to grab them.

There's some good stuff on these albums, I'm happy he did Better Days and Lucky Town at the last show. Cool that he remembers some of them and knows there's good material here.

• Like 2
  • Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulcrusader78

• Tomas T-B

• Long_Limp_Home92

• Lampi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mostly when I'm in the Lake, I'm listening to Bruce at the same time. Right now I am listening to New York City Serenade from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle. Which Bruce song are

The Promised Land - Survival Bowl.

Live 75-85: Candy's Room... I'm listening on laptop in work.

Posted Images

Listening through the 7/10/92 Wembley show per recommendations in a thread I started. Just finished up With Every Wish - that version was actually nice. Never liked the song on the album but it came across better there.

Souls of the Departed is about what I'd expect, has a cool energy live even if it's a little un-Bruce-y.

Would have loved to be at one of these shows to see all these songs together that are rare or non-existent nowadays...

• Like 3

Back at Christmas Mr J had the boot cassette we had from our first show (7th June 1981 in Birmingham) put on CD for me. Turns out Tie That Bind was at the same show, so I offered to make a copy for her. Only just got around to it. However, although tracks are in the same order (obviously) there are not the same number on each CD. This is a long way of explaining that I am listening to a show from 1981 whilst cooking, just to make sure I get the listing right.

Full band Thunder Road now!

Sometimes, life just is so hard....

• Like 4
13 hours ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

Listening through the 7/10/92 Wembley show per recommendations in a thread I started. Just finished up With Every Wish - that version was actually nice. Never liked the song on the album but it came across better there.

Souls of the Departed is about what I'd expect, has a cool energy live even if it's a little un-Bruce-y.

Would have loved to be at one of these shows to see all these songs together that are rare or non-existent nowadays...

The version of With Every Wish from 7/6/92 is the best. Check that one out if you can. It was released on the boot set Lucky London Town. It's the highlight of that show, for me.

• Like 3

This one too. I used to watch all these live videos years ago. I remember watching Paris '85 just before I saw Bruce for the first time. I'm watching it now for the first time since then and it's such a weird feeling. But I'm smiling 

• Like 5

It's 32 years to the day that BITUSA went to no.1 so I'm showing the tour some love this afternoon 

If anyone has any stories or memories from that tour I'd love to hear them

• Like 6

This came up in the suggestions and after listening to such an exceptional Jungleland from the Brisbane show earlier, I thought it was time to listen to it again. Every time I listen to it I still hold my breath right before Jake's solo. You can see how incredibly nervous he was. I think everyone must've been. But my god, what a long way he's come. To hear him play that beautiful solo once again today was just incredible. What a truly special song. 

• Like 6

Rendezvous!!!! :wub::wub::wub: 

Arnhem, June 19, 1999-at this show I was present in person.:)

I was there with my younger sister for her first Bruce Springsteen show (my 4th).

And as we all know, you can see Bruce Springsteen & The ESB only 1 time for the first time...:)

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Uh oh, you're gonna set me off playing Janey 25 times in a row again :o

I actually thought of you and was gonna mention you in the post :lol:

On subject of mentioning people in posts funnily enough... If I remember rightly, @mad man with a box said during SLV that he was unfamiliar with Follow That Dream. So it's only right that he hears this version:

And while I'm at it:

For me Follow That Dream and Chimes of Freedom are a combination that should be played together. In the same way Hungry Heart is played with Out in the Street; Darlo County with Working on the Highway; Glory Days and Dancing in the Dark; Incident and Rosie... I could go on!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I thought I was done with tears today after watching the Gothenburg Jungleland but I listened to this and now I'm set off again :( What a beautiful song

• Like 2
1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

I thought I was done with tears today after watching the Gothenburg Jungleland but I listened to this and now I'm set off again :( What a beautiful song

It's what I was saying earlier in reference to Shout. He covers songs and essentially makes them his own in the greatest possible way. 

This is arguable but this performance of the song is 100x better than Elvis' version, and Elvis' version is great.

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's what I was saying earlier in reference to Shout. He covers songs and essentially makes them his own in the greatest possible way. 

This is arguable but this performance of the song is 100x better than Elvis' version, and Elvis' version is great.

I know, I definitely agree.

It's one of my favourite Elvis songs, but I love Bruce's slowed down cover because it really accentuates the lyrics. I think it might be my favourite cover ever of his