Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce song are you listening to right now?

It's apparently 'Throwback Thursday', so I'm gonna take the time to 'throwback' the thread, and readdress/respond to a post made on Tuesday (Was it Tuesday?). Rachel suggested watching the video for The Pink Cadillac and I've only just asked myself, "wait there's a fucking video for The Pink Cadillac?"

I think the video referred to was a random live one, not an official one, but I've just spent the last 4 mins watching this, which I now hope was the video being discussed. :unsure:

EDIT: On account of a most definitely not intentional replaying of this video, it's actually not bad, so don't bother reading that last sentence. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulcrusader78

• Tomas T-B

• Long_Limp_Home92

• sietze1976

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mostly when I'm in the Lake, I'm listening to Bruce at the same time. Right now I am listening to New York City Serenade from The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle. Which Bruce song are

The Promised Land - Survival Bowl.

Live 75-85: Candy's Room... I'm listening on laptop in work.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's apparently 'Throwback Thursday', so I'm gonna take the time to 'throwback' the thread, and readdress/respond to a post made on Tuesday (Was it Tuesday?). Rachel suggested watching the video for The Pink Cadillac and I've only just asked myself, "wait there's a fucking video for The Pink Cadillac?"

I think the video referred to was a random live one, not an official one, but I've just spent the last 4 mins watching this, which I now hope was the video being discussed. :unsure:

EDIT: On account of a most definitely not intentional replaying of this video, it's actually not bad, so don't bother reading that last sentence. 

Skip this to 8:30... 

it never gets old :lol:

I've actually listened to PC repeatedly since then, and now I'm slightly drunk and trying to refrain from the dance moves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Skip this to 8:30... 

it never gets old :lol:

I've actually listened to PC repeatedly since then, and now I'm slightly drunk and trying to refrain from the dance moves 

Well, that was a fucking hilarious 15 seconds wasn't it?

And really? You went from saying "it's the kind of song I'm happy never plays when I'm drunk" to playing it while you're drunk in less than 5 days? 

You deserve all the frustrations you get that come with refraining yourself from dancing :lol:

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well, that was a fucking hilarious 15 seconds wasn't it?

And really? You went from saying "it's the kind of song I'm happy never plays when I'm drunk" to playing it while you're drunk in less than 5 days? 

You deserve all the frustrations you get that come with refraining yourself from dancing :lol:

It gets me every time :lol: it almost beats the DITD video. 

Well I am home now!!! So I'm allowed to listen to it. But God forbid it ever played in public 

i think I'm gonna get into bed before I have the chance to start dancing hahah

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

It gets me every time :lol: it almost beats the DITD video. 

Well I am home now!!! So I'm allowed to listen to it. But God forbid it ever played in public 

i think I'm gonna get into bed before I have the chance to start dancing hahah

Which DITD video? The Courtney Cox one or the one where he's playing imaginary ping pong?

I hate it when Bruce plays in public. Well, it's only happened one time but still I didn't enjoy it. 

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Which DITD video? The Courtney Cox one or the one where he's playing imaginary ping pong?

I hate it when Bruce plays in public. Well, it's only happened one time but still I didn't enjoy it. 

Ah I forgot about that one. That's too funny :lol:

Howcome? I dislike it when I'm out because there's a video of me dancing/singing to BITUSA while drunk from my birthday last year and it's haunted me ever since :( But generally in public, or on the radio it makes my day 

2 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Howcome? I dislike it when I'm out because there's a video of me dancing/singing to BITUSA while drunk from my birthday last year and it's haunted me ever since :( But generally in public, or on the radio it makes my day 

It happened way back in school, year 11, we used to go to a sports bar for games (long story), which meant we'd either play pool, darts or just sit about doing nothing. A few of the lads were playing darts, we were sitting there, talking, watching. 

Music was playing, it was Bruce, it was Born in the USA, my mate turned to me, pointed up and said, "Bruce!", I nodded in approval, and sat there just convinced that Cover Me was coming on next and we'd get to hear the full album. Didn't even acknowledge BITUS playing, I was just looking forward to hearing I'm Goin' Down.

Sadly, the full album was not to be played, BITUSA was just on randomly. As a result I look back on that one public playing of Bruce negatively. 

And as far as radio goes, there's been 3 times, and only once have I heard enough of the song to enjoy the experience. And that was when Mary's Place came on.

Other times have included getting into the car as fucking Sad Eyes of all songs is finishing and having the majority of High Hopes interrupted via traffic reports on Boxing Day 2013. 

56 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

No it's really horrible:wacko:, one of the worst things Bruce Springsteen never released (as far as we know).

Edit: but many people (seem) to think the released video of DITD is one of the worst things Bruce Springsteen DID release. Or at least his worst video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Lampi said:

No it's really horrible:wacko:, one of the worst things Bruce Springsteen never released (as far as we know).

Edit: but many people (seem) to think the released video of DITD is one of the worst things Bruce Springsteen DID release. Or at least his worst video.

Yes, his worst video indeed it should be confined to the dustbin along with a certain other song we don`t mention, and the Rambo look is just yuk.:D 

1 hour ago, tie that bind said:

Yes, his worst video indeed it should be confined to the dustbin along with a certain other song we don`t mention, and the Rambo look is just yuk.:D 

The 'pop idol at 35"  look is just embarassing in the DITD video.

Something more: Bruce did not know who Courtney Cox was he thought she was just a fan selected for the video.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lampi said:

The 'pop idol at 35"  look is just embarassing in the DITD video.

Something more: Bruce did not know who Courtney Cox was he thought she was just a fan selected for the video.

I read recently that Courtney auditioned for Bruce in his office?

3 minutes ago, mad man with a box said:

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out from Hammersmith '75

Best Tenth I've ever heard - it swaggers, it rocks, it swings, it grabs you by the throat from the second Bruce counts in to the very last chord!

Incredible performance!!!

And then it goes into a fiery, storming version of Spirit - this is a show and a half! 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Not what I remember but I will look up what I read about the video -in a general music magazine- when I am home.

Maybe that music magazine has it wrong.

7 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Answer is -according to the music magazine I mentioned- she auditioned (did a casting) for  Brian De Palma (The director of the DITD video) in New York.

When the DITD video was shot at the first show of the BUSA Tour in St.Paul (where DITD was played twice because of the video), Bruce thought she was a fan.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Answer is -according to the music magazine I mentioned- she auditioned (did a casting) for  Brian De Palma.

When the DITD video was shot at the first show of the BUSA Tour in St.Paul (where DITD was played twice because of the video), Bruce thought she was a fan.

The full show, for those interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gSp_719AGA