VaGirl4Bruce

the unoffical "shit that bugs you" thread

30 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Team-talk?

Don't think serving staff say that up here.  They'd be told. ;)

Speaking of teachers … those who say stuff like 'Look at Miss Harris, children, what is Miss Harris doing?' What's with that? 'Look at me, children … what am I doing?' will do nicely, thanks.

That makes me crazy as well.  In my 34 years of teaching I have NEVER once even thought to speak like that!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Waking up in my brother in laws house to find he has run out of coffee...

This bugs the shit out of me just reading it. How does this happen? I don't let coffee run out if it's just me? 

• Haha 1

I would never run out of coffee at home. My b-in-law is a tea drinker and he has enough boxes of Yorkshire Tea to stock a shop! Fortunately, there is a supermarket 5 mins walk away, so I was able to buy some at 8am!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The sticker on the cling wrap to let you know you are coming to the end of the roll, is too close to the end of the roll for you to buy another before you run out.

• Haha 1

Employees that make the same simple mistakes over and over.....just slowwwww down. 

• Like 1

people that let money go to their head

5 hours ago, trampofhearts said:

hurricane dorian

Stay safe 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, Kent Guitar said:

The sticker on the cling wrap to let you know you are coming to the end of the roll, is too close to the end of the roll for you to buy another before you run out.

oh shit

i forgot to buy a new roll

don't you hate that !

• Like 1

The never ending barrage of ‘spam’ phone calls. 

• Sad 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:57 AM, rosiejaneymary said:

we just had the land line disconnected for that reason

NZ is inindated with overseas scamers who pretend to be from microsoft or of late one of the telcos- mainly vulnerable and old people fall victim to it but if your rude to them and tell them to fuck off they will often do hang ups at 2am 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:57 PM, rosiejaneymary said:

I seem to get the "I'm ringing about the accident you were involved in that wasn't your fault........" all the time now.

I've got a new response, I say "Which one? There's been a few ".

That throws them off but then they go back on script " The one that was not your fault."

So my next gambit is "Let me see.....the one in March definitely wasn't my fault, the guy stepped right in front of me.......the one in May ....not me (then I whisper.....) ......but I'd had a drink so........shhhh, then the one after that, well that wasn't my fault ......how was I to know that street was one way now.......so anyway, which of them are you calling about?".

The usually hang up then.

My Missus has a good one, when they call she pauses.......and goes "what?" in a really quiet voice, then when they repeat it she kids on she's starting to cry and says "Have they found the body?".......:D

• Haha 5

that sounds alot more fun than the NZ phone scams

still it must upset old and venerable people not forgetting people who have had accidents

Attending a kids game with the local authority on the game behind you.  Really hard not to remind him it is KIDS are playing. Then he discussed why my kid wasn't playing. >:[

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, myskyisblue said:

Attending a kids game with the local authority on the game behind you.  Really hard not to remind him it is KIDS are playing. Then he discussed why my kid wasn't playing. >:[

that is so rude 

gotta feel sorry for his kids

at least your's gets to go home with you a free the game

he must take all the enjoyment out of playing the game for them 

• Love Love Love! 1

19 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I seem to get the "I'm ringing about the accident you were involved in that wasn't your fault........" all the time now.

I've got a new response, I say "Which one? There's been a few ".

That throws them off but then they go back on script " The one that was not your fault."

So my next gambit is "Let me see.....the one in March definitely wasn't my fault, the guy stepped right in front of me.......the one in May ....not me (then I whisper.....) ......but I'd had a drink so........shhhh, then the one after that, well that wasn't my fault ......how was I to know that street was one way now.......so anyway, which of them are you calling about?".

The usually hang up then.

My Missus has a good one, when they call she pauses.......and goes "what?" in a really quiet voice, then when they repeat it she kids on she's starting to cry and says "Have they found the body?".......:D

Our ex minister used to answer any spam calls by saying, before we go any further, can I ask if you have found God? He was not that type of minister at all, so I found this pretty funny and he said it always worked!

• Haha 4

On 9/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, whispered secret said:

Our ex minister used to answer any spam calls by saying, before we go any further, can I ask if you have found God? He was not that type of minister at all, so I found this pretty funny and he said it always worked!

Oh maaaaan!  That’s awesome!  I have to remember that :lol:

On 5/25/2019 at 10:52 PM, trampofhearts said:

internet, social media obsessed people

On 8/16/2019 at 9:08 PM, trampofhearts said:

people that post pictures of their food on facebook

martin scorsese film GIF

• Haha 2