Greasy Lake Community

I can't believe

VaGirl4Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

How hard it is to pass some things on.

I have been trying to pass on my Dad's back issues of " The Navy" from the 20s and 30s, Cardiff City FC programmes and cuttings from the 50s , Welsh Rugby International programmes from the 50s and 60s and TT special newspapers from the 50s

In each case I have contacted forums which I assume is like our Greasy Lake...but have had nor replies ( except for the TT fan forum ). In every case I have said I will pay the postage and don't want any money .

And don't get me started on me trying to get on the Elvis Costello Fan Forum !!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, robk1 said:

I have been trying to pass on my Dad's back issues of " The Navy" from the 20s and 30s, Cardiff City FC programmes and cuttings from the 50s , Welsh Rugby International programmes from the 50s and 60s and TT special newspapers from the 50s

In each case I have contacted forums which I assume is like our Greasy Lake...but have had nor replies ( except for the TT fan forum ). In every case I have said I will pay the postage and don't want any money .

You should try getting rid of an 'almost' perfect leather sofa ;) so ...

I can't believe how hard it is to give away a perfectly good leather sofa :lol:

13 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

You should try getting rid of an 'almost' perfect leather sofa ;) so ...

I can't believe how hard it is to give away a perfectly good leather sofa :lol:

Not so sure about trying to pass on used leather goods...so close to Valentines Day !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, robk1 said:

Now getting curious why?

You have to be a Verified Fan?

I tried to register.... passwords , user names etc, then there is a " magic question ". I couldn't work out how to get the question and then answer it.

I will try again soon . I only want to go on to try and sell my Elvis vinyl rarities

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave my many votes, yesterday, to nobody from the Tory Party ... and they still managed to take control of Northumberland for the first time since 1973. Sod's Law!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The restaurant my friends and I were in last night charge only £10.95 for a bottle of house wine.  No wonder we go there quite a lot :lol: (well, not in the last year and a bit, obviously!).

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, robk1 said:

that I am going back to Spain next week for the first time in a year and a half.

but...

We have spent the last six months learning Welsh and my Spanish will have suffered a lot. I think it will be hard to keep up the Welsh lessons whilst i am in Spain !

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 1:19 AM, robk1 said:

oh dear you have just reminded me im not sure i ever sent you a pm but im loving your mum's newspaper's of royalty

they took a while to get here, them got delivered to the wrong house but the lady bought them up just as we were going out so they spent several weeks driving all over Wanganui before coming inside 

i love old stuff like this 

• Like 1

the last time Gary wore a suit was to Melanie's funeral and now to her funeral :(

not the same suit - didn't fit 

had to rush out today and rent one