Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

I'm not a fan of remakes.  Was a fan of the original Battlestar Galactica, but didn't like how the new one changed loads of stuff.  I'm a fan of up to date sequels, but not really remakes, unless they stay faithful to the original.

Where would you like to live if you didn't live where you're living now?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Posted Images

Daisy half - owned

Step Suzuki - half owned

and my mum gave me her car when she surrendered her licence when she was loosing the plot

what's the colour of your car ?

i love fruit

yes,.when im flush i buy strawberries from the USA and i love passionfruit and ill buy fresh lunches if i see them and stone fruit from America in the winter too

right now on a tight budget so its bananas, kiwfruit and manderines as its winter and they are plenteful and good value

but i sneak in a tin of guavas and a tin of lychees with the shopping just for me

im a fruit person over veges any.  day

do you like banana splits ?

I used to own loads - gave them away to charity shops. Yes, I've kicked myself many times! Still got the River one. Mebbies just 3 including the greasylake.org one.

Have you got an early Dire Straits t-shirt with dates on the back? Cos I want one for Suzanne's Christmas present. :)

• Sad 1

yes 

i was 16 and too old

it was horrible

first off snow is wet when you fall over 

it was the end of the season so the snow was thin on the learner slopes

ie rocks were visible especially when i got tangled in the tow rope

it was at a ski field better suited to intermediate and advanced skiers

my 2 friends picked it up much faster and left me on the learners with all the little kids wizzing past at 60 miles an hour

are you excitted by the movie blinded by the light ? are you going to see it ? and with whome ?

the weekend is just another day at the moment, but i hope to get into the garden tomorrow (Sunday) because im happy with today's effort

what are you doing at your place to stay cool / keep warm ?

• 4 weeks later...

thats a tropical cyclone down here ;)

not personally but Wellington has some bad history with a super storm where a cyclone meet one of those exstreme  southerlie storm and an interisland passanger ferry got caught up on it just inside the harbour with much loss of life

it was just before i was born but everyone over a certain age remembers it and it scares me shitless when we get exstream wheather and people say this is like the Waihanie storm 

do you have double glazzing ?