Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

never 

although i beleave once when i was a very wee girl we had snow on the very top of Mt Cargil (where the tv antenna is) one December in Dunedin 

when was the last time you had bbq for Christmas dinner ?

and do you serve salad on Christmas day?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Posted Images

BBQ? For Christmas???  Never ever!  It’s almost always turkey.  Sometimes glazed ham.  Or sometimes roasted chicken.   Yes, salad is usually on the table. 

Where’s someplace you’d like to visit? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Malta

Do y0u play board games on Christmas Day?

yes but only if its raining

kids are too busy outside playing with their new bikes and balls and cricket bats and skate boards and scooters

(while waiting for the turkey to cook in the webber @rosiejaneymary;))

i hope the year any of you come here for Christmas i don't burn the turkey :lol:

I'll make some snow from freezer ice for Rosie like we used to do when we were kids :lol: (it will be made with much laughter but also love)

what is your Christmas morning routine?

sm-05-oct-mon-beach-cricket-santa-aus-900x600.jpg

downloadfile-96.jpg

downloadfile-99.jpg

• Haha 1

no

id eat all the chocolate on the first day anyway 

waaay back in my memory i think we had one (without chocolate) when i was a wee girl - it had lots of glitter 

do you think Christmas has got way too commercial ?

i have seen a ton of beaitiful trees and decorations all over the internet but not one nativity sceen - i havn't even seen an angle 

.....i don't think i could stand them even as a kid with a vested interest in Father Christmas because i can't remember any 

well the M*A*S*H Christmas when Charles brought gifts for the orphans and they sold them for money to keep the orphanage afloat does spring to mind - so the 4077 Christmass were ok

and present tense i  do rather enjoy the call the midwife Christmas specials we get in the new year (sigh)

i look forward to seeing the Queen's Christmas message- can HM count as a Christmas special?

Do you get Christmas presents for any animals ?

one year i was throwing all the fat off the ham onto the roof for the birds and i feel through the deck in a state of partial undress (the deck had untreated bearers that had rotted out)

• Like 1

new potatos with fresh mint in the lead up to and including Christmas dinner 

it just smells like Christmas and tastes like Christmas time

as a kid putting out supper for Father Christmas and a bucket of water for the reindeer 

in the morning wouod be a thank you note and some crumbs on the plate

i can remenber Dad saying "i don't think father Christmas can eat all that !" :D

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Tree stayed in the cupboard this year - the cats would have trashed it.

I've just bought a Google Nest Mini (waiting for Kate to sort it out) - does anyone else have one?

What is a Google nest Mini?

17 minutes ago, jmw said:

What is a Google nest Mini?

It's like an Amazon Dot, Alexa thingy. You ask it stuff or get it to play music - in my case it'll be stuff from YouTube. It's free after initial purchase, unlike the Amazon one where you pay about 47 quid over the year extra. Pffft to that!

Have you heard of the Alexa one?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eileen said:

It's like an Amazon Dot, Alexa thingy. You ask it stuff or get it to play music - in my case it'll be stuff from YouTube. It's free after initial purchase, unlike the Amazon one where you pay about 47 quid over the year extra. Pffft to that!

Have you heard of the Alexa one?

Yes, on the TV in my bedroom, don't really use it much, if it was on the TV in the sitting room it would be different. I do like to check the weather:D, Sydney, dear old St Louis . And of course my home town.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2019 at 2:12 AM, rosiejaneymary said:

Hey @robk1, you forgot to post a question! (Hope you had a nice Christmas, and enjoyed your meatballs wrapped in cabbage!) 

Oops. My bad.

Ok....my question...

What are you doing for New Year ?

Its summer :P

Football (and im referring to the oval ball) doesn't start till about Feb (way too early)

When i was growing up my dad would take us to the Crocker in Alexandra 

About a 4 hour drive

It would always be drinking hot

Everyone ate cherries because Alexandra is right in the middle of stone fruit country, the opposition  would joke it was a ply tp give them the trotts 

We would sit right on the boundary and id get so sunburnt id blister

What will you be doing on New Year's day ?