Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

Well, I WAS cutting out meat but was shredding some chicken for the cats and finished off what was left. Then I later realised what I'd done. :D

Do you sometimes/often laugh at the daft things you do?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Vir Do you drink lots of water?

I crossed stitched a friend’s wedding invitation.  Blank canvas; a book with instructions on how to create the letters; a friend drew the roses that were on the side of the invitation on graph paper s

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Well, I WAS cutting out meat but was shredding some chicken for the cats and finished off what was left. Then I later realised what I'd done. :D

Do you sometimes/often laugh at the daft things you do?

Like not putting the milk back in the fridge? Leaving my (muddy, til I cleaned them) boots out in the garden overnight? No, I don't laugh - I'm WORRIED!

Have you got your heating on at the moment?

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Yes - but it's on quite low.

Do you have an old telly that's been handed down?

No

We 

Telly isnt as old in this country, transmissions only started in 1960

We got colour in my lifetime 

And we went completely didigital a few years back and you have to have a special box to make them go

There was a compition to find NZ's oldest telly to prove the freeview box works on all old TVs - it was still owned by the same people who brought it

Has anyone else never heard of veguanuary until 30 seconds ago ?

It sounds like a disease

Our farmers would say it is 

10 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Yes, I've heard of veganuary but only this year! Dry January also (my son said he's doing it - I nearly fell over).

Have you been out for a meal recently?

Not since last time we had McDonalds for breakfast about a month ago

Is your Christmas ham all eatten up yet ?

What's the most remarkable product that you had made with your own hands?

I crossed stitched a friend’s wedding invitation.  Blank canvas; a book with instructions on how to create the letters; a friend drew the roses that were on the side of the invitation on graph paper so I could count the squares and stitch the design.  Then I framed it.  It came out really beautiful! 

What’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken? 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

If your's isn't I'd throw the rest away. :(

What time do you wake up for work? 

We didn't start it till late

We do this thing with a fresh tea towel soaked in lemon aid (7 up) every day, it works a treat honest :lol:

8 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I crossed stitched a friend’s wedding invitation.  Blank canvas; a book with instructions on how to create the letters; a friend drew the roses that were on the side of the invitation on graph paper so I could count the squares and stitch the design.  Then I framed it.  It came out really beautiful! 

What’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken? 

Wow that sounds beautiful 

Cross stitch takes a lot of time, she must have been a soecial friend 

Longest road trip 

3000 km driving around the South island with Gary

Does your bum go to sleep in the car ?

Yes, it did, but it was worse on the back of the bike. Coming into Inverness, many years ago, I had to stand as I was in agony! (Not on the seat, feet on the foot pedal thingies)

Are you heading out to the Sales (again) today?

• Haha 1

No and im now very glad i didn't because they mostly look stupid and try hard  on white people unless on a sailer

What is Cezanne ?

And where and what is  Musée d'Orsay?

2 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

No and im now very glad i didn't because they mostly look stupid and try hard  on white people unless on a sailer

What is Cezanne ?

And where and what is  Musée d'Orsay?

A painter (artist). Museum in Paris containing works of the Impressionist painters.

Have you been to the Louvre?

• Thanks 1

I have a few; but my favorite I think was The People’s Palace in Glasgow.  I learned a lot about my grandmother’s early life before they emigrated.  

What’s your favorite genre of movie?  

5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Yes, I was there on Saturday.

Do you have a favourite museum or art gallery?

You went to Paris and didn't tell us ?? :o

4 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I have a few; but my favorite I think was The People’s Palace in Glasgow.  I learned a lot about my grandmother’s early life before they emigrated.  

What’s your favorite genre of movie?  

Historical, based on (some) fact, about real people but it does have to be a fair portrayal of the person  and violence only as necessary to be true to the story

By favourite movie is the English patient

But i really enjoyed Sully, blind side, deep water horizon, Captain Philips so i guess they don't have to be that historical ! And i watch them repeatedly every time they are on tv 

Have you seen the English patient ?

(Question directed at everyone;))