Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You went to Paris and didn't tell us ?? :o

Day trip on Eurostar - Mr J is very good at keeping a check on special offers and we got return fares for £29, so it seemed too good a chance to pass up on. We just went to The Louvre, The Orangery and had lunch.

Yes, I have seen The English Patient.

Do you have a favourite painting?

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Posted Images

Yes but ionly because it was 6.45am when i went outside, dew on the lawn, no wind, sun not yet up high enough to get the spot outside the garden shed where Tibby is waiting for it

Hotter weather forcast for the coming week

Not looking forward to it to be honest 

How do you heat and cool your home

Central heating - gas, don't use the electric fire. Cool it - open the windows. Not wide nowadays cos of the little darlings.

What is the most beautiful place you've ever visited - at home or abroad?

The Strath Tieari (The mountainous country between Dunedin and central otago) Sutton, Leigh stream and Middlemarch through to Hyde and the maniatoto valley ,back out through the pig root behind Palmerston and also the Witaki valley 

Rocks, tussok, wild spanards, blue sky

That's what heaven will look like

img-1542258251-1493-22791-945DC76D-E4BF-1101-6BE7619A295CE031__FocalPointCropWzQyNyw2NDAsNTEsNDcsODUsImpwZyIsNjUsMi41XQ.jpg

img-1536165894-1667-17572-CF8233B2-0FE6-6C45-B17E18E5493BD93C__CropResizeWzUwMCwzNzUsODAsImpwZyJd.jpg

img-1536014721-1701-18662-4202787680_857fa65eb7_o__CropResizeWzUwMCwzNzUsODAsImpwZyJd.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Yes 

Have you ever caught a foul ball at a baseball game?

Ill pretend you asked about catching a 6 in cricket

Nope

Id be dead scared it wouod hit me on the head- cricket balls really hurt - or id drop it and every one would see what a bad catch i am

On a completly different topic anyone ever taken a stray cat or a dog to the SPCA?

• 1 month later...

I always hope Italy will win

Failing that France 

Btw most woman in this country and id also say South Africa and maybe Wales follow rugby at least casually as much as the next man 

Anyone enjoying some woman's sport at the moment ? The cricket T20  world cup is in Australia at the moment 

6 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

No, not watching any women's sport (once again, I'm worried about that apostrophe :lol:).

Again I'll ask - where's Boris?

Ok serouse question

Maybe we need to ping Aunty @Eileen

I know i can't spell for shit but in the real world where i'm not using a teeny tinny screen i do my best to use correct punctuation and grammer.

I thought woman's sport would have an apostrophe because it's sport that belong*s to woman ?

Darling Borris has been in for a spot of lunch and is back out in the garden hiding in the shade.

Poor Tibby is in the shade of the car in the driveway because his regular spot is below the lilly pilly but it's still  attracting bees and dropping flowers and making him unhappy**

I sat out there for 5 min yesterday and was covered in lilly pilly bits 

* i really want to put an apostrophe here also but now i'm not sure 

** however he did sleep on the bed all night for the 3rd time this week and let Gary pat him :wub:

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Ok serouse question

Maybe we need to ping Aunty @Eileen

I know i can't spell for shit but in the real world where i'm not using a teeny tinny screen i do my best to use correct punctuation and grammer.

I thought woman's sport would have an apostrophe because it's sport that belong*s to woman ?

Darling Borris has been in for a spot of lunch and is back out in the garden hiding in the shade.

Poor Tibby is in the shade of the car in the driveway because his regular spot is below the lilly pilly but it's still  attracting bees and dropping flowers and making him unhappy**

I sat out there for 5 min yesterday and was covered in lilly pilly bits 

* i really want to put an apostrophe here also but now i'm not sure 

** however he did sleep on the bed all night for the 3rd time this week and let Gary pat him :wub:

Dear Daisey - you misunderstood :). I'm referring to MY apostrophe, not yours. And I'm asking about 'another' Boris, not the cuddly one :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Dear Daisey - you misunderstood :). I'm referring to MY apostrophe, not yours. And I'm asking about 'another' Boris, not the cuddly one :lol:

Not that one that never gets near to a hairbrush ?