Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

I prefer the beige of the 80s, but never wear beige myself.

Have you ever been told off by a famous sporting person?

that beige is classic one day pajama cricket ! 

no - ive never been told off my a famous sporting person 

one of my teachers was Warren Lees at school (the NZ wicket keeper before Ian Smith - he was a wonderful Captian of otago and also top administrator)

are any of your old teachers famouse?

I remember Warren Lees.

I didn’t have any teachers as famous as Warren Lees in the right way. One boxed at the Olympics and about half a dozen have been convicted for abuse. One went on a current affairs program, came out and defended gay teaches. He was sacked before he got home. It was mid 70s and a Catholic School.

Had plenty of famous coaches.

Who is the most famous person you have been in a toilet with?

• Haha 1

I do but think it might be fattening so stay clear. (Says she having just eaten a chocolate biscuit)

Have you ever broken a tooth on a coconut or other item of food?

peanut butter on toast :angry:

that tooth has cost a bloody fortune 

both in the front have had to have been rebuilt

i had an overbite and mum didn't beleave in  braces,  she said it was like a fad like getting tonsils out so over the years the back of my two upper front teeth got warm away and got so thin they chipped and snapped off

so this summer i dodnt have even one single ear of corn :( and i eat apples with a knife now

have you given a food up that you love ?

Yes.  Pretty much everyday.  Organic frozen: broccoli, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries (sometimes I swap out blackberries for dark cherries) mixed with this zero sugar vitamin water.  Will soon throw in chopped spinach and see how that tastes.  The one I make now is soooooo yummy!  

How many times a week do you do some form of exercise? 

Yes. I kept it by the sink downstairs for when the grandkids came - got a downstairs toilet as well as upstairs. It's now in my bag cos I haven't got a spare one.

Would you still go to a café/restaurant while the government/opinion dithers?

in your country right now

no 

(please take care Aunty)

in my town maybe for the next week or two yes if the virus stays out of the community - but only if Gary is paying :lol:

how are your hands standing up to all the hand washing, cleaning and sanatizing ?

Funny you should say that cos I was looking at it this morning and noticed it had started growing.

However ..

No.

Do you use a manual or electric mower? (I have both)

3 minutes ago, robk1 said:

Manual....but a small lawn.

Are there lapwings near where you live ( we saw a couple when out riding today )

No, unfortunately. Only ever seen them in Scotland and, if I recall correctly, Yorkshire.

Have you had a flight booked within the next few months?