Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Posted Images

hate them

cant do them for the life off me (well i can bite the things off and cram all the sky in )

we once had a compition at work

the IHC boy on work experience did better than me 

do you play cards ?

I don't watch anything loads of times but now and again I watch La La Land. I love that one.

I'm finally finding out that I CAN make nice meals - anything you've found out you can do after all?

• Love Love Love! 1

cook with cabbage

it keeps so long in the crisper

ive only ever used it in stir frys but now i make slaws (with zero carrot) and ive fried it with bacon as a side alongside mash

what different are you doing ?

Good question Kent, sometimes you hear a voice and you are thankful you don’t have to hear it everyday.

What is something that someone else in your family cooks better than you, and you love it when you have it?

• Haha 1

My nephew cooks the best roast potatoes. I don't know why his are better than anyone else's, they just are! And it's a good thing we got them at the Christmas family lunch, as I don't think we will be having an Easter lunch...

Do you still have copies of any of your school reports?

• Like 1

I think I've got one of mine somewhere … mind you, I haven't seen it for ages so mebbies not. I have one of Kate's for her to 'find' one day. John may have some of Suzanne and Christopher's - hope so.

Did you get an 'A' for anything back then? (Sport was probably my only one)

i would usually get an A in on subject each year

something i would love and put all my effort into and neglect every thing else

can someone  please help me to inbed a video

i got my lap top out but couldn't remember how to do it 

16 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Right click on it, copy what comes up and paste on here?

Did that do it?

thanks Aunty

ill try in the morning

ive shut the laptop down for the night

i can post links ok but a link doesn't look as pretty or appealing as a video

i ment to ask you for the broccoli stulton soup recepie because stilton and broccoli might be eaiser to buy than loo paper and bread next time we shop

anyone else love blue cheese ?

Drove to Lidl this morning at 8.45 and drove straight out again - there was a queue of people stretching round the building. Drove on to Sainsbury's and got a few bits (couldn't get anything that my mum wanted - that's another story). We don't need those 'things' (you know what I mean - can't even say the words any more), but I could have cried, seeing the empty shelves. Going out later to post a 'new baby' card to friends of our son. That's a bit of good news!

Have you got a song of hope at the moment?

Hahaha - yes, dear. :)

And yes, I got one from Suzanne, one from Christopher and one from the bairns. I'm seeing Kate tomorrow.

Suzanne's is the one on its own. Tee-hee!

What are your plans for tomorrow?

001.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Eileen said:

Hahaha - yes, dear. :)

And yes, I got one from Suzanne, one from Christopher and one from the bairns. I'm seeing Kate tomorrow.

Suzanne's is the one on its own. Tee-hee!

What are your plans for tomorrow?

001.JPG

002.JPG

i had to laugh at that first card :lol:

12 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Possibly meeting a friend. Possibly going to a pub quiz.

Do you like the power pop genre?

the what ?