Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

I used to but chocolate just doesn't appeal to me nowadays.

Do you still have your winter duvet/quilt on the go?

today is the first cold day of the season

last night desided to put one fluffy sheet on and one summer sheet on top

did not ask Gary because he would have said no

10 min after getting into bed he said how nice it was

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Who doesn't? :lol: Apart from those awful creme egg things.

Have you been out in the sunshine today?

oh you should have tried the ones that used to be made in Dunedin - vastly superior to that flour and water filling they force on us now

our yoke used to be runny and the chocolate was thick made with real milk (not milk powder) milk, cane sugar and coco butter no disgusting palm oil plus no anti melting additives 

it all effects the taste

they really did completly bugger up a great product 

its almost Easter - im due a i hate you Cadburys rant :angry:

so did you have plans for easter ?

Yes.  The biggest and most disappointing cancellation is that  @rachelharms was supposed to come stay with me and then we were going to go to the Asbury Park Film Festival at the end of April; like we did last year.  

Hopefully it’ll be rescheduled and it’ll work out that she can still come, and we can still attend the film.  

How’re you holding up? 

• Sad 3
5 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes.  The biggest and most disappointing cancellation is that  @rachelharms was supposed to come stay with me and then we were going to go to the Asbury Park Film Festival at the end of April; like we did last year.  

Hopefully it’ll be rescheduled and it’ll work out that she can still come, and we can still attend the film.  

How’re you holding up? 

it will be ok @rachelharms

we are all going to be good and stay home and then we will all have a lifetime of Asbury park film festivals to look forward to :)

some moments are better than others 

have you been out during your lock down ?

Just for walks and sitting on the deck out back (weather permitting!!); and to the grocery store. 

Do you find most people in your area following the guidelines to stay as safe as possible? 

we will find out tomorrow (i mean latter today) but Gary actually has faith in our troublesome neighbours

they are normally out and about like yo yos and have lots of visitors and family with kids visiting, but its been very quiet today (well aside from her yelling at her own kids but that's 'normal)

but hardly a car up our usual busy street all day

where do you plan to walk if you are still allowed to where you live ?

Just now, Eileen said:

From what I've seen here - yes.

Are you just going for groceries once a week?

if we could get a delivery

they say shop normally - we shop fortnightly but now can't get a delivery but i am very very reluctant to go out at all - but i may have to next week - id really like a bag of flour

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

we will find out tomorrow (i mean latter today) but Gary actually has faith in our troublesome neighbours

they are normally out and about like yo yos and have lots of visitors and family with kids visiting, but its been very quiet today (well aside from her yelling at her own kids but that's 'normal)

but hardly a car up our usual busy street all day

where do you plan to walk if you are still allowed to where you live ?

We are cycling whilst the weather holds up, as our one form of exercise.

What's for tea ?

• Like 1

yes

but very little  wind

we woke up to steady rain which has now turned to sunshine - now i feel quilty for running 2 loads through the dryer

do you use an old fashoned clotheline ?

I used to until it broke for the umpteenth time - now I just put the clothes-horse outside when it's sunny.

How are you feeling this morning/whatever time of day it is where you are?

• Like 1

the same

zero

i have issues with lack of air play of a particular artist from NJ

when you are tired do you forget things like how old you are ?

Id be too busy looking at her pearls :lol:

How much soap do you have at home ?

( this is not intended as a judgemental post about hoarding) ;):)

I use soap until it's too thin and wears away. I have a pack of 2 bars unopened … still got a bit of the old one left.

Are you confused as to how many people are walking every day and not just when necessary for food?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I use soap until it's too thin and wears away. I have a pack of 2 bars unopened … still got a bit of the old one left.

Are you confused as to how many people are walking every day and not just when necessary for food?

Hmm, not really. People can walk/run/cycle for exercise and they can also go out to buy food. I see what you mean though - combine the two things?

Back to soap - do you not stick your thin bit of soap onto a new bar? (One of my mum's tricks passed down :D).

• Like 1

Hahaha, not usually.  The walk thing - I'd not go for a walk as such, just a couple of times to the shop in the week. If necessary.

I was told by the assistant that they had anti-bacterial handwash in  but I declined as I've got one upstairs and one downstairs - some may not have any - the elderly bloke behind me got one. Am I crackers?

• Love Love Love! 1
11 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Hahaha, not usually.  The walk thing - I'd not go for a walk as such, just a couple of times to the shop in the week. If necessary.

I was told by the assistant that they had anti-bacterial handwash in  but I declined as I've got one upstairs and one downstairs - some may not have any - the elderly bloke behind me got one. Am I crackers?

Let me think about that one ... on so many different levels ... :lol::lol::lol: ...No you're not! Glad the fella behind you got one.

Are you buying any food today? Anything special?

• Haha 1