Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

I went up for porridge … and forgot it. I have some left here so all's well.

Do you feel a bit nervous when you're in a shop … or outside? I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Posted Images

Yes

And ive only been in one 

Im trying to stay away from all the other people

What do you have with your porrage ?

Lately, honey cos I bought some to add to some recipe - and bananas when I have some. Which is not just now - too dear in Sainsburys.

Have you noticed some prices have gone up in the shops recently? (I don't mind but I'm watching, Sainsburys)

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Eileen said:

Lately, honey cos I bought some to add to some recipe - and bananas when I have some. Which is not just now - too dear in Sainsburys.

Have you noticed some prices have gone up in the shops recently? (I don't mind but I'm watching, Sainsburys)

The supermarkets here are not lifting prices plus the govt is watching, but they are also not doing promotions and specials (i surpose for good enough reasons with regard to the supply chain) but it has also coninsided with a change in the seasons so some lines of locally grown produce is fluctuating in price. I am always looking at the price of tomatos in dismay  :(

There is talk in some corners about lack of compition with the greengrocers all shut and no market for what the supermarkets dont want 

Produce dept staples like bananas, coconuts, dates, pinnapple and lines that are obviously not commercially grown here are usually stable in price all year round (not mangos)

Bananas are usually about $3 kg or $3 per bunch with fair trade bananas being  a bit dearer 

My last delivery two weeks ago i got a nice sized water mellon for $5.95 but this late in the year that would be NZ grown 

Do you like water mellon?  - it always surprises me when people do not :lol:

13 hours ago, robk1 said:

Watermelon is my third least favourite fruit.

Why can't the Spanish make decent black pudding ?

Ewwwww 

Stop practicing Spanish sussage makers 

Avocado, pineapple, melon (probably other ones but not thinking too deeply)

Are you quite enjoying the lack of noise outside?

• Sad 1

Our street is the main one to the school ( and little Harry Styles walked by every day for 6 years )...a couple of school age children in the nearby houses but only seem to be out with parents and dogs.

When will the wine I ordered arrive ??

Not three bad, thanks - sun's shining again.

Do you think we'll get a lot more people joining the Lake during this stay-at-home time?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Not three bad, thanks - sun's shining again.

Do you think we'll get a lot more people joining the Lake during this stay-at-home time?

Yes, but will they stick around?

Have you found a post office that's open recently?

I hope so

I keep being like Lorraine and inviting them to the palace - no FC to get lost on the way these days

I honestly don't know about the post office - its around the corner from the chemist - its a newsagent bookstore with postal but not baking services so maybe not ?

What are you making for tea (dinner)  tonight and is it different compaired to pre covid 19 ?

To answer the post office question first, our PO is open.

For tea this evening we are having Jamie Oliver's pork chops from his Italian book. It is not what we would have eaten on a Wednesday before, so yes, different.

Are you shopping for anyone else whilst this is going on?

• Like 1

Generally BBC1.

I'm missing a few tv programmes because of timings - do you have a recorder thingy on yours?

Ha.....yes. Quite a lot.

Do you think it is the same mouse in my front garden as in the back garden ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, robk1 said:

Ha.....yes. Quite a lot.

Do you think it is the same mouse in my front garden as in the back garden ?

As long as it stays outside it can have a twin if it wants ;)

Are you sad about all the flowers and plants that will go to waste in some garden centres in the coming months?

• Sad 1

I hadn't thought about it. Perhaps, like food that's been left over in restaurants, they'll be given away?

Are you planning a foray to the shop tomorrow?

Nope, not till we run out of milk or cat food what ever comes sooner

Hopefully garden centres will have set their sprinklers and not too many trees and shrubs will be lost 

Ive been thinking about the growers who grow cut flowers 

How much milk do you at home right now ?

2 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

5 litres of oat milk (this is normal, honestly!) about 1 litre regular milk

Do you have a teddy bear in your window? 

Not yet, but I'll put one in the back bedroom window cos there's a little girl who plays in her garden back there.

Is it windy where you are today? Didn't mean to quote - I need more coffee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1