Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

Always am - I love bookcases.

How many bookcases do you have in your house?

We've got cupboards either side of the fireplace, but they have doors on them ;)

Any exciting chores to do today?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes

The best and possibly only good thing working in Waikanae was the regular beautiful and often multible rainbows

There were mountains behind us that got plenty of rain

Sometimes i would see where they ended out in the timber yard - alas no pots of gold

Were you a fan of the muppet show ?

(Well we were talking about rainbow

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually, fine, but it took me ages to drop off last night … and I was up a couple of times for the loo. (I blame the Crabbies)

Do you feel better staying in than going out?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes definatly 

Even out on a deserted street i feel stress seeing someone in their garden if i need to walk past

We are also not surposed to talk to anyone when we are out

Even in a city the size of Dunedin that would be hard not to say hello as you pass a stranger (not in town but out walking in the suburbs)

Do you (normally) talk to strangers ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't you talk to anyone? I still say hello or whatever, I just keep my distance.

I sometimes talk to strangers, usually when I am out with Oscar as he likes to be everyone's friend!

Do you know anyone who has had to postpone their wedding?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A racing green mini. It belonged to somebody I knew and I found out, many years later, that it hat been in an accident and it was welded in the middle. I loved that car.

Are you doing any major work in your garden this year?

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a garden but a balcony. But my parents had, and have, a garden.

I HATE gardening. I'd rather clean the toilet in my house 20 times a day than do some gardening!

So.

Do you read a lot of books these days you bought years ago 'for later' and then you thought you would never find the time to read them, until in these bizarre times there is time?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly not.....I haven't increased my read rate yet...or TV watching.

I buy books when I travel and usually have about a dozen ready to read. ...so may start to run out if the shops and lib stay shut. I recently started reading reading ( and getting rid of ) some of my older stuff....been doing Kundera .

Have you discovered anything new about your neighbors ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Why can't you talk to anyone? I still say hello or whatever, I just keep my distance.

I sometimes talk to strangers, usually when I am out with Oscar as he likes to be everyone's friend!

Do you know anyone who has had to postpone their wedding?

I think because it just increases the risk of getting closer than 2m to people from outside this bubble

We have a really good chance of eliminating this thing completly as community transmission is very very  low 

2 hours ago, robk1 said:

Surprisingly not.....I haven't increased my read rate yet...or TV watching.

I buy books when I travel and usually have about a dozen ready to read. ...so may start to run out if the shops and lib stay shut. I recently started reading reading ( and getting rid of ) some of my older stuff....been doing Kundera .

Have you discovered anything new about your neighbors ?

That they are theiving scum prowling around our property in the dark steeling stuff and tagging our garbage

Pieces of shit they are

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

I don't have a garden but a balcony. But my parents had, and have, a garden.

I HATE gardening. I'd rather clean the toilet in my house 20 times a day than do some gardening!

So.

Do you read a lot of books these days you bought years ago 'for later' and then you thought you would never find the time to read them, until in these bizarre times there is time?

You crack me up ! (Thank you)

How is the country closest to you doing in all this ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scotland's nearest to me and they're in the same boat.

This zoom, skype etc whatnot is passing me by (know it, just doesn't interest me) - are you using it to keep in touch with folk?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope but maybe if we give it a try on the lake - not really sure 

Have you heard from people whome you havn't heard from in a while in all this ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to try and 'see' our son and his fiancée through Whatsapp today as we haven't seen him since Mother's Day (actually mr jmw was at work that day, so he didn't see him).

Will you try to get outside for a while this weekend as it's going to be warm in most parts!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! I used to bake/cook a lot when my parents were alive but not so much now … except for the plate pie I've just made. What a palaver! Broke an egg I was holding, on the floor, and I need more seasoning next time … but edible! :)

Do you have anybody in your family who thinks the strategies used to slow down the virus are wrong and that we're being held under house arrest. Hahaha, he takes after his dad, not me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...