Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Vir Do you drink lots of water?

Posted Images

Yes....but can't seem to post any examples.

Have you replied to your letter from the UK prime minister.?

I'm waiting 'til he gets home.

I was too lazy to get up to see if I could see the special moon - did you see it?

On 4/8/2020 at 7:16 PM, Eileen said:

I'm waiting 'til he gets home.

I was too lazy to get up to see if I could see the special moon - did you see it?

Last night i did

It was huge even 2 days past,  but it was so cold Borris and Tibby didn't care and usually on a full moon its hard to get them in at night

Incidentally we didn't get a letter from the PM here but a yellow and white leaflet from the government

Mine had a cockroache on it so we never got to read it

Do you get cockroachers were you live ?

I don't see them round here, thank goodness, but used to see them scuttling away when the light was first put on in one of the back rooms in the hospital ward I worked on. I used to put my arm round the door, switch the light on then wait a while until I walked in. Also, I remember going to visit an elderly, almost-blind man in Newcastle, and seeing an enormous cockroach in a coal pail by his fire. I froze while he gathered what was wrong and emptied it outside. Thanks for reminding me of that, Daisey. :o:D

Are you afraid of any particular insects/animals?

• Haha 1

No. I go out - to a shop - about twice a week.

Do you watch the BBC programmes about the virus - the daily ones?

2 minutes ago, Eileen said:

No. I go out - to a shop - about twice a week.

Do you watch the BBC programmes about the virus - the daily ones?

Yes, have the news on most of the day (not great for my state of mind sometimes!)

Do you watch the press briefing every day?

Yes - that's the main part of the programme for me.

Are your neighbours following the rules as far as you can see?

Yes, I think they are.  Directly next to us - one side have 2 grown up boys and the other side 2 small boys.  Must be hard but the older ones do a lot of exercise in the garden and the little ones have been doing their school work with their mum (until Easter hols started!).  They have a trampoline in the garden, so it's getting lots of use.

Do you have friends or relatives in a care home at the moment (or working in a care home?).

Thankfully not, although we have a care home at the back of our house, so I quite often see the residents and staff and say hello to them. Haven't seen any residents out recently, obviously. 

What, if anything,  are you not missing?

Full train and bus during rush hour commuting to work.

Do you think about sex more often than usual these days?

• Haha 1

No. I have found the whole virus thing quite a passion killer ( I kind of alluded this in a different thread ).

Do you count your alcohol units ?

28 minutes ago, robk1 said:

No. I have found the whole virus thing quite a passion killer ( I kind of alluded this in a different thread ).

Do you count your alcohol units ?

No, I can never understand them :lol:

Have you got a box set out to watch yet?

• Haha 1

No....very regular times here. Bed at 22.00. Read until first one says they are falling asleep.

Seen any swallows yet ? None yet in North of England

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, robk1 said:

No....very regular times here. Bed at 22.00. Read until first one says they are falling asleep.

Seen any swallows yet ? None yet in North of England

Somebody on the fb page said they'd see 'their' first swallow in Morpeth a couple of days ago. I have trouble between swifts and swallows.

Are your neighbours pleasant?

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

Somebody on the fb page said they'd see 'their' first swallow in Morpeth a couple of days ago. I have trouble between swifts and swallows.

Are your neighbours pleasant?

Yes, we are lucky.

What was the last bit of food shopping that you did?