Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Old age … or getting there.

Do you sometimes not bother getting out of your pyjamas some days?

Yes

...if only i wore PJs :lol:

Can your neighbour's see into your back yard ?

Yes

I had hoped id grown out of it because i didn't get it living in Wallington despite some of my Porirua work mates getting it bad but on moving here its back after 20 years

About 10 months of the year

But lucky cat alligie hasn't come back 

Are your animals or human children's being good durring the lockdown ?

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of birds in the garden and a charming mouse. Some birds now fledged....all behaving apart from the pigeons which will poo in the water.

Have you ever been flashed at ?

• Haha 1

Yes. Scared out of my wits - think I was 13 and the lass I was with was mebbies 10 or 11. I still shudder at the thought.

Did you have a horrible teacher at school?

15 hours ago, Eileen said:

Yes. Scared out of my wits - think I was 13 and the lass I was with was mebbies 10 or 11. I still shudder at the thought.

Did you have a horrible teacher at school?

yes 

many

there was the one who said i was thick because i couldn't spell my own name or the one who told mum and dad i was retarded or the ones who just ignored me

the ones who never encouraged me

the history teacher who never acknowledged me getting the top mark at our school in school cert history

the ones who straight out picked on me

the English teacher who never knew which nicola i was

the princible who never learnt my name 

what did you have for tea ? (dinner)

• Sad 1

does line dancing count ?

otherwise folk dancing at primary school then ball room dancing in time for the formal (prom) at high school

what's the most excitting thing you have done today ....or if its only breakfast time, yesterday?

• Like 1

oh God not more school questions :lol:

no

no one cared

i never had that one teacher like that one nun that taught Bruce when every other teacher  was horrible

i did however get on quite well with the caretaker at high school

i think i would have thrived on even the tiniest  glimmer of encouragement but it was not forthcoming

especially at high school

if you'r not disruptive and you'r passing even if only bearly, teachers dont give a dam about average kids

its all about the high achievers or the really slow or naughty kids or the popular kids

there is no time left for the invisible faces of the average 

actually i had a really awsome music teacher in the first year of high school

music was compulsory the first year and i had never done music before

i got 2nd in my class

too bad the next year i got the arse hole music teacher and all the other kids that continued on with music had done music theory before and they raced ahead while i fell behind and the teacher didn't give a rat's arse

and i didn't even want to play the french horn - i wanted to play the trumpet! 

......do you harbour residual resentment from waaaaay in the past ?

Yes, we got a bird feeder for a Xmas gift from my sister. put it out the window where the cats can see, keep them entertained all day. But yes again, baby Cardinals and Bluebirds along with Chickadees. 

How many times have you cut the yard (garden) this year. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Yes, we got a bird feeder for a Xmas gift from my sister. put it out the window where the cats can see, keep them entertained all day. But yes again, baby Cardinals and Bluebirds along with Chickadees. 

How many times have you cut the yard (garden) this year. 

zero

we are trying this thing call rewilding 

its a real thing - they do it in the UK

and over summer we have the only grass that's still green by not cutting it !

to encourage all the good insects back into the garden

in saying that i wish Gary would let me use the weedeater and cut the grass verg outfront 

what do you have on the agenda for today ?

I had a Crabbies ginger beer the other week and that's all. I haven't eaten any more than usual, especially lately.

Are you eating healthier stuff since lockdown?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I had a Crabbies ginger beer the other week and that's all. I haven't eaten any more than usual, especially lately.

Are you eating healthier stuff since lockdown?

phew no school question !

well ive learnt to bake using wholemeal flour and will continue to substitute 1/3 for white flour from now on

we have been eatting a lot of cabbage ! 

manly apple slaw 

they keep so well in the fridge, they are such eccellent value the borring old cabbage

but when i couldn't get a supermarket delivery we ate a lot of processed meat and also more sweet baking than usual - but it was a matter of having to feed us something 

not that anyone complained about banana pancakes and bacon 3 or 4 times a week ! - its reallu economical!

what have you been having for breakfast durring the lockdown? 

Organic oatmeal (with flax seeds w/Manuka honey... from NZ.  I think of you DJ every time I use it!) or a protein bar.  Green tea.  Then the opposite for lunch.  

What’s your favorite comfort food? 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Organic oatmeal (with flax seeds w/Manuka honey... from NZ.  I think of you DJ every time I use it!) or a protein bar.  Green tea.  Then the opposite for lunch.  

What’s your favorite comfort food? 

here's something to make us happy

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2020/04/16/1130275/sweet-charity

comfort food ? ummm ... plain porrage made with water served with coconut and banana and milk

what's the last Bruce Springsteen album you played ?

• Like 1

Feb 28th... a royal blueish dress to a former (first grade in the 1992-93 school year!!) student’s wedding in Jersey City, NJ.   

Have you participated in any zoom chats... either for work or with family or friends?