Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Harvested onions and garlic today, mangetout tomorrow. Too many strawberry.... Do you want some strawberries ? If so come to our village fair on Sunday.

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

Posted Images

yes 

last night (in my dream) i was worried about being late for work but was very tired - (we had a very noisy house down the street last night resulting in not just my call to noise control at 2am) so in my dream i had set my alarm but it went off like 4 hours early - Gary had just got up out of bed to go to the loo and i called out "mum or dad can you turn off my alarm "

Gary said "you silly twit- its Gary " :lol:

I think of them daily - occasionally, I dream of them. There was a particular kind of dormobile that they almost bought (I'd dream of them in one) and, driving to work through Morpeth soon after dad died, I was alone on the road when that same kind of dormobile drove past me the other way. How I kept my car straight I'll never know.

Do you dream of people you haven't seen for ages only to see them a day or two afterwards?

• Like 1

Yes. I was in a hotel somewhere near Gosforth and wasn't able to get home - was wondering about paying for a taxi.  I thought I saw my ex-husband at the door so went to talk to him … but it wasn't him. I couldn't walk home cos I had a suitcase with me and it was heavy. I was glad when I woke up cos I was sick of worrying about how I was getting home.

Do you listen to the radio at night-time when you're in bed?

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Eileen said:

Yes. I was in a hotel somewhere near Gosforth and wasn't able to get home - was wondering about paying for a taxi.  I thought I saw my ex-husband at the door so went to talk to him … but it wasn't him. I couldn't walk home cos I had a suitcase with me and it was heavy. I was glad when I woke up cos I was sick of worrying about how I was getting home.

Do you listen to the radio at night-time when you're in bed?

i wonder what was in the suitcase ?

we grew up with the radio on 24 / 7 in all our bedrooms and in the kitchen

my mum used to say so who ever got home first didnt come home to an empty house 

i actually used to wake up if the radio went off and i would often wake up if my favourite song was on the radio

Gary is a pathetically light sleeper which is why we both have our own bedrooms since moving here - so he's not jabbing me awake all night because ive woken him up

if i was ever home alone in Wellington i always put the radio or Bruce on as soon as i walked in the door and at bedtime if Gary was away anywhere i would load up the cd stacker in his sterio with the longest playing Bruce CDs but i would always wake up when the last one finished

but no-:( now days - well for the last 10 years - i don't enjoy the radio - not actually because of the songs because there are a couple of stations who although don't play enough Bruce, at least play some and cater to my aging demographic and to tradional rock music fans

but i can't stand the utter bullshit of the DJs - but  even though most shows are prerecorded i still like the idea of a real person playing the records to me - just no opinionated bullshit please

anyway i do however like to listen to Bruce at night in bed - again waking up when the battery is flat and the music stops

but alas ive gone through way too many earphones and ear buds over the years - usually only getting a few months out of them as i toss and turn alot in bed and im hard on gear :( and Gary brought me nice blue tooth ear phones for my last birthday and i don't want to wreck them while i can't afford to replace them

what's the last album you played, why ? and did you enjoy it ?

no

i desperatly needed a job before covid 19

now i guess ill be less fussy 

what was the best job you ever had

I began my new book last night … only managed a couple of pages then nodded off.

Are you putting bunting up at your window/in the garden tomorrow?

i don't think we do the bunting thing here unless your a car sales yard

do you guys all have bunting tucked away with the Christmas decorations or some such safe place ?

I was weeding the garden until it was time for Jeremy Vine on Radio 2. Probably quiet cos an error page shows now and again … mebbies others just thought they'd come back later.

Is it cold where you are? Sunny enough but crikey ...

Much to the dismay of Mr RJM, who is an excellent golfer and adores the game... no.  Not even a little.  

What’s your favorite way to eat potatoes? 

• Like 1