Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Does it involve Man U? If so, yes. Did you get a tape measure out to measure your ....   tv screen after one of those questions above? And did JJ make you feel inadequate? 

Firstly Nick Nairn, with Gary Rhodes doing the sweets. Ainsley for his infectious enthusiasm. Secondly, I dip my hat to @Jimmy James for having something as large and impressive as that downstair

Posted Images

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Only for my own feet ^_^

Calling @myskyisblue, how are you?

Not sure how to answer that....but I'm ok, thanks.

If you did a top ten songs.....would it change if you did it again next week ?

16 minutes ago, robk1 said:

Not sure how to answer that....but I'm ok, thanks.

If you did a top ten songs.....would it change if you did it again next week ?

My 'calling' was a variation on another thread that somehow disappeared :) She lives in MN.

Now, Eileen's question ... The Birdy Song is one of 'em :lol:

Are you growing any veg in your garden?

Well I actually went to the record shop today and bought 6 cd's, among them the new Lucinda Williams album.

Shops are open again with max.to the visitors-for the record shop it was ten visitors max.

My main goal of visit to the big city was my first visit to the barber in quite some time.

Streets were so crowded (very beautiful weather, Girls In Their Summer Clothes)-with people still keeping distance-i have serious doubts now if this all is going well and not too soon with chance of the virus returning. I was wearing a face mask but very few others did the same.

Do you feel like a bankrobber when you are wearing a face mask?

• Like 2

No, more like a cowf'n'boy than a bank robber.

Have you ever wondered that with all the guns and bullets in the U.S. A., how the f%ck did they miss DJT?

A few months since I got a take-away, a rare occasion.  Cooking here, as usual.

Do you feel optimistic that we will get back to a better normal?

im not sure

unemployment levels are very worrying and also all this money governments have had to spend to keep us all going is going to have to be paid back in tax at some stage 

and with 2nd waves will we have any old people left

what i would like to see is far reaching enquires into aged care all over the world and a vast improvement  in that sector 

i think it would be good for economies to be centred around producers and manufacturers rather than be so reliant on tourism 

i would like to see less backpackers and more tourists who stay in hotels and spend money locally

i saw this thing - completly not covid related - about Venus anf those big cruise ships - alot of those peoole spend very little money in Venus 

do you know anyone who has ever got a Queen's birthday (or New Year's) honour ?

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Yes, one or two. Long-service, charity work and just downright hard work.

Are you unsettled by the commotion on the Lake?

yes, i just wish we could all be kinder to each other

why stoop to the lows of politics ?

are you undettled by all the protesting as reported on tv ?

we even had big protests here today (not actually Wanganui) and no one was wearing a mask 

well actually as you write im buttering for myself  a slice of rhubarb and raspberry loaf i made Gary 

have you had any trouble getting baking powder?

no

i have longish hair all one length and i know when its time to trim it myself when it anoyes me when im trying to sleep, i usually loop about 3 or 4 inches off and that's that for 5 or 6 months

how much do you usually get taken off your hair when you get a hair cut ?

A hair cut?  I usually have them all cut.  :P 

What do you remember about your very first car that makes you laugh or cry today?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, salz said:

A hair cut?  I usually have them all cut.  :P 

What do you remember about your very first car that makes you laugh or cry today?

he had woodern half doors - painted black with padbolts to close

a suzuki 413 that had been cut down after a roll over 

he was so much fun and he had alot of modifications and he sounded like a great big truck 

has anything funny happened at your house today ?

no, i just pile on more blankets over and under the duvet but i do have winter and summer duvet covers

i also have a duvet and another cover on top of the mattress topper under the bottom fluffy sheet and its made us much coiser - or Tibby things so anyway 

what is the outside temp right now ?