Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

No. I felt earth tremors twice in NI - one was a car bomb, the other a hotel going skywards.

What kind of birds visit your garden?

• Sad 1
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Vir Do you drink lots of water?

I crossed stitched a friend’s wedding invitation.  Blank canvas; a book with instructions on how to create the letters; a friend drew the roses that were on the side of the invitation on graph paper s

Posted Images

sparrows, blackbirds, thrush, miner birds maybe starlings 

wax eyes, fantails, wood pigeons, kingfisher, tui, chafinches and sometimes yellow hammers 

not all at the same time

the pair of minner birds and also the tuis tend to be bullies

and it depends what trees are fruiting or flowering 

the fantail is an omnivore 

right now lots of birds are feeding on the lilly pilly outside the kitchen window

last night Borris got a chaffinch that was in the wattle flowers but thankfully the wee guy got away after some rough play and flew off

she must have had her gentle claws on 

when was the last time a bird gave you good luck ? (craped on you)

I haven't been crapped on by a bird for years now.  As far as our cars go, that's a different story entirely.

If you were to win the lottery, how would your life change?

My children's lives would be enhanced, as would mine. I've thought about this often … I'd build a house in Normandy, probably Dieppe, buy my first new car and find a lovely house somewhere here. I'd buy Achnacarry and make sure the house and surroundings carried on with a Commando theme … lots to charity. Oh yes, I'd also buy Lochailort and, mebbies, Achdalieu and kit them out as activity centres. I've thought about this a lot. :D Oh yes, I'd get my teeth fixed.

Do you daydream a lot?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Eileen said:

My children's lives would be enhanced, as would mine. I've thought about this often … I'd build a house in Normandy, probably Dieppe, buy my first new car and find a lovely house somewhere here. I'd buy Achnacarry and make sure the house and surroundings carried on with a Commando theme … lots to charity. Oh yes, I'd also buy Lochailort and, mebbies, Achdalieu and kit them out as activity centres. I've thought about this a lot. :D Oh yes, I'd get my teeth fixed.

Do you daydream a lot?

Hey Eileen.....you might only have won a fiver !!!.

Do you know any monologues ??

3 minutes ago, robk1 said:

Hey Eileen.....you might only have won a fiver !!!.

Do you know any monologues ??

Yes, I thought of that after I posted. :)

You first … do you daydream?

Sorry...I forgot to answer. No, not really. I just sing in my head most of the time.It sounds perfect there...guitar solos, drums, the works?

Do you know any monologues ?

• Like 1

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdie is? Can't remember the rest.

Are you a Coronation Street watcher?

• Haha 1

Ha, that can't remember the rest bit doesn't fool me for a minute. No I don't watch Corry. Not sure it is has even been on here recently.

Are you like Amy and love raisons, or like Nils and hate them?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Vir

Do you drink lots of water?

I understand that it's quite difficult to obtain Vir gin, and that it's vastly overrated.

I drink my fair share of water.  Fortunately, we have a spring (no chemical additives and/or treatments).

How old do you think you will be when you "check-out"?

• Like 1

Over a hundred.  I've got to be here when the 100 years is up regarding the Secrecy Act … that takes me to 94ish. It'll take me another 6 at least to get somebody to explain everything to me. :D

Would you LIKE to live to be a hundred?

im not sure, probably not

Prince Philip said he wasn't too keen years and years ago on living to 100 and now he's 99 not out

but Dad was 53 and mum 72 so i doubt it anyway 

hmmmm my question ?

is your tape water nice to drink or do you buy water in bottles to drink ?

?I don't drink enough water but, if I do, I have orange in it. People round here say it's not very nice.

Actions not words … do you agree with this sentiment?

Gas central heating. I have an electric fire in the front room and I may still have a small electric radiator - use neither.

It's pittling down here, grey and gloomy - what's the weather like where you are?

In southern Vermont at 0830 hours it is sunny, relatively cool (56F/13.33C), and the air quality is rated as "excellent".  No complaints.

If you could be a superhero, what would be your superpower(s)?  And, what would your uniform look like? :lol:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, robk1 said:

To rid the world of naff music.

A baton.

Have you ever sent a telegram.?

Yes, to my parents in 1978 to say my friend and I had arrived in LA safely!

What was the last song you listened to today?

Rock Me Baby  by B.B. King

Are your earlobes attached or detached? 

(P.S.:  It's okay to check first if the answer is not on the tip of your tongue :lol:)

Attached. It's one of the things I look for while trying to find photos of military people.

Do you have dimples in your (face) cheeks?

Yes.

Why is it that Eileen looks for attached earlobes when viewing military personnel photos?  Inquiring minds want/need to know! :D

Gross i just googled 

I have small ears that are only just detached - but i want attached

Maybe @Eileen uses it to tell them apart ?

I am too f'n' perplexed to even attempt to respond and/or answer the original question!  :lol:

At any rate, here goes.  Yes, maybe. 

However, in WWI, if I remember correctly, there were the Allied Powers and the Axis Alliance, and not the attached and detached lobes. 

As is very often the case, I could be wrong.

Doesn't "salz" have anything better to do?

• Haha 1