Greasy Lake Community

the question conversation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m answering out of turn because why not. My best birthday was my 19th birthday.  It was 1976, and I went to my very first Bruce Springsteen concert.  it was actually the day after my birthday,

Port Grimaud, South of France.  August (?) 1983.  We decided to have a week there with another couple before our wedding in September.  Relax, get a bit of a tan etc .  We travelled by coach with Club

I crossed stitched a friend’s wedding invitation.  Blank canvas; a book with instructions on how to create the letters; a friend drew the roses that were on the side of the invitation on graph paper s

Posted Images

Yes we went to two a couple of weekends ago. The smaller one had a set menu and two sittings to cope with the reduced trade.

Do you read responses on this website with the accents of where people are from?

• Haha 2

Not usually. I'd be interested to know how you 'hear' mine. :D Roy reckons mine's 'posh Geordie'.

Do you get tired just thinking of jobs you have to do?

• Like 2

No.  That's self-defeating and gets in the way of accomplishing anything.

What do you like to do on rainy days? ;)

No, I bloomin' don't … and if I did I wouldn't be daft enough to partake of any of them for a while yet.

Would you like the ones still stuck at home to have a chance of getting out and about, in safety, this year?

• Love Love Love! 1

One of my best memories from being little - picking Tayberries/Raspberries etc in Blairgowrie - last time was up near Edinburgh with my grandson.

Do you grow fruit in your garden?

• Love Love Love! 1

Yes, but the birds and wildlife seem to be the ones to harvest it.  We're ok with that. 

Are you still experiencing product shortages due to the virus?

• Like 1

I'm a animal lover, so I would try to catch it first. But.....

How many different eye glasses do you have if any? Btw: I have two one for the computer screen and one for reading papers. 

At age 51 I am blessed my only glasses are sunglasses (so to answer the question: 1.).

Do you like to play Bruce Springsteen music real loud with open windows so neighbours can also enjoy some very great music? (And avoiding Pony Boy and Sunny Day kids of course).

(True story I read some weeks ago: an author who was writing a Christmas short story, to be publised in a magazine in December; but he was writing the Christmas short story in the summer; to get into the Christmas mood in the middle of a heat wave, he played Christmas songs all day with the windows wide open. Next day he got some strange looks from his neighbours. Even if the story is not true it is at least a good story).

• Bruuuuce! 1

Nah....not my style. I laugh at the cars who come by me when I'm cycling with the window down and music on toooooo loud.

Have you ever had dancing lessons ?

No, but my wife was a professional astrologer for a while. 

What would be your dream job?  Why?