Wow, Daisey.

20 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Wow, Daisey.

oh dont bring that up :(

honest 

it was dreadful:(

we didn't know what we were getting in to

a week was too long - i think it was more like 8 or 9 days 

remember i have had zero to do with children and he was naughty and manipulative 

i didn't know who to ask for advice, maybe i should have asked you 

he told us he was allowed to stay up till 11 and i beleaved him because why wouldn't i ? my parents let me watch tv really late in bed so ....?

he kicked my wall in one of his temper tantrums 

i was a slightly weird girl but i was not naughty 

my sister tried to warn me but i didn't understand

by the 2nd day he was talking to be so disrespectfully and was playing mind games with food and wouldn't eat anything 

it was our fault because we had the wrong expectations 

i did this huge kid friendly grocery shop, i brought all the things i knew my mother would have brought her grand kids 

plus and its significant, we were getting a tereible flu that took us months to shake which kind of lead to me having to eventually leave my job - (which was in no way Bruno's fault )

Gary did really well entertaining him while i had to go to bed sick and in terrible ear pain

but he was just when it comes down to it, unlikable 

Bruno has disbraxia but he also has anxiety and self harms

we were completly unprepared to cope 

he would say terribly racist things he obviously gets from his parents - you can get beaten up for saying shit like that in a town like ours, not to mention its horrible anyway and we have mostly nice but predominantly brown neighbours 

he broke so many things including the front door and my good  earpgones got snapped in half from his clumsiness and we just grinned and beared it

the worst was he just wouldn't go to bed and would stall and then would have the tantrums 

he wouldn't shower, he wouldn't brush his teeth and he would ring my sister and say Gary and Nicky were fighting when we wern't 

i don't know what to do and Gary was a divorced father and only did the fun things with his kids 

as an aside thankfully he is doing ok at high school (and hopefully hasn't been beatten up) and is going year 13 electronics in year 8 

There are two songs that make me cry, anyplace, anytime. One has just come up on our music system. Fortunately my girl is next door cooking.

• Like 1

We have our work Christmas party tomorrow. Due to the venue and the numbers we had to send through our selection form the menu ahead of time.

Walking through the office this arvo, Sharon from accounts says, ‘good choice of the lamb shoulder tomorrow’.

I said thanks, thinking that the person compiling the order must have been short of conversation topics.

Andrea from Risk walks past the office about an hour later, as says ‘Baaah, going the lamb are we’. I nod.

After two more comments from others, John from support confided in me.

I had hit the reply all when sending my order through.

What a dufus! At least when the food comes out tomorrow I shouldn’t have anyone with order envy trying to nick my lunch.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I have checked the Lake *multiple times* :o over the last few days to see if it was fixed!

Same here my twin.  Same here! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

We have our work Christmas party tomorrow. Due to the venue and the numbers we had to send through our selection form the menu ahead of time.

Walking through the office this arvo, Sharon from accounts says, ‘good choice of the lamb shoulder tomorrow’.

I said thanks, thinking that the person compiling the order must have been short of conversation topics.

Andrea from Risk walks past the office about an hour later, as says ‘Baaah, going the lamb are we’. I nod.

After two more comments from others, John from support confided in me.

I had hit the reply all when sending my order through.

What a dufus! At least when the food comes out tomorrow I shouldn’t have anyone with order envy trying to nick my lunch.

i always have order envy ! 

i just didn't know there was a word for it :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Same here my twin.  Same here! 

me three - although i have a different nane :lol:

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2019 at 7:28 AM, VABOSSFAN said:

I don't like Mexican food

i did not know that was possible 

although i don't like corriander (cilantro)

im glad my post got eatten up by GL where i mistaking called keith a holly cow

i was trying to say

Keith, holy cow ! (that's not good he had been so sick)

and i certainly hope you are feeling better @Born To Walk

2cec102b944a92a018d5d877013ac222.jpg

• Thanks 1

im feeling very pleased with myself

ive glued 3 xmas baubles back together (their hangers needed reattached) and glued a Christmas fairy's and an angel's wings back on

i still have a foot and an arm to fix 

but im most happy I've just done a wee job that's been waiting to be done for maybe 17 or 18 years 

i kept misplacing either the gold paint or the framed picture of Captain Cook i brought in a nautical themed shop in Cape Town in 1998

i walked in that place and saw him (Cookie) and new i had to have him and bring him home

unfortunately paint had chipped off the frame in a couple of places in my suitcase

so i brought this gold paint you rub on to fix it but the paint got tucked away in a drawer and forgotten and Cookie lived on a shelf in the hall cupboard

Today i was looking for nylon cat gut to hang those fixed Christmas baubles and i came across the pain 

it took me 5 min to find Captain Cook - he was in a drawer in my dutchess and 5min latter we are done

i was shocked the paint was good as new 

now what i should really do - strike while the iron is hot - is go and hang him up right now because i also found my hammer !

its the 200th anniversary of his first voyage to NZ this year 

the celebration were a bit muted, it seems its not political correct anymore to admire the his achievements

but i don't think its right to judge him on the 21st century moral high ground so he's still one of my heros 

...maybe i need to find my drill and use a screw and one of those dry wall plugs ...i hope its charged

15769647860221051807587.jpg

1576965085056837132109.jpg