Greasy Lake Community

I'm thankful for...

we have alot if bad crap going on right now

but im so happy Tibby Tabby is home again

he's been away for a few days 

i tried not to worry but i was so happy to look out the front door this morning to see a cat plate with cat sussage crumbs left on it like he does 

and when i went to the back door that cat food bowl was licked clean and he was asleep on the clothes horse

Gary says Tibby is being paid too much to keep having these holidays but i know its time i got a job so Tibby can go to the vet and loose certain  desires 

now i feel happy looking at him asleep on a chair

Borris is not quite as happy .....

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was little, we used to have a knitting shop in a little strip of stores up the street from our home.  It was called Norma's Knitting Shop.  Norma was a little old lady (or so I thought at my ve

Lovely story @BrilliantDisguise! It’s fascinating how powerful the smell is. A small whiff can take you back decades in a second. 

Isn’t it lovely. It makes the world a bigger place. We watched the Working Dog trials, saw them judge some categories of sheep, walked around the sheep varieties, ate and ate and ate different la

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

For this board, as I've meet so many people from around the world each and everyday. 

BD, Jackie you are always in our heart and prayers. 

Me too, 

and... 

In mine as well.  

• Love Love Love! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well of course in thankful for all of you :wub:

Bur tonight im really thankful to our little bar fridge freezer

Brought it the year before we moved, off trade me (nz ebay) in a panic because our fridge died but we didn't check the depth and its skinny so not ideal

But it was only 2 years old as its owner was returning to the States

Anyway it was a bit of a struggle because the freezer bearly holds a week's worth of bread and meat but it moved with us and just squished into a space in the laundry

Its a miricle the poor thong has survived becsuse a couple of times the freezer door want shut and the motor made bad noises.....

The poor thing needs a good clean on the inside of the fridge but its just used for water and other drinks and cat food roll and of course the xmas new year overflow and the freezer is handy for some extra frozen veg and emergency bacon 

Anyway our 2 year old fridge in the kitchen is on the blink

The last two weeks the milk has been going off and i couldn't work out why (and blamed the supermarket delivery)

It wasn't top of the range but it wasn't cheap and nasty either, granted it doesn't have bells and whistles being a bit Barry the basic but its an excellent size

So we are not very impressed (of course its out of warrenty)

but the little bar fridge is happily trucking along in the laundry bless it (and pray for its continued good health)

Its kind of a pain having to go out there everytime i make Gary a cup of tea and i don't have a light in the laundry (long boring story) and there is no light in the fridge but its cold ! 

So im very thankful to Mr No Name unknown brand  bar fridge/freezer 

My hero

20200308_212929.jpg

the person at countdown Trifelga sq who picked my groceries and the man who delivered then

and also my slightly more exspensive locally fanchized Wanganui east 4  Square, that had a fridge full of milk, celery at a very reasonable price and some good quality fresh meat to choose from

• 3 weeks later...

Running water

After 2 days with the water turned off i am so enjoying tap water to drink

As opposed to bath water to drink

• Love Love Love! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hearing my pal's voice just now on the telephone. She had a breakdown at the beginning of Lockdown (she thinks that was the final straw) and had been in hospital since then.

She phoned me earlier and this big black cloud that's been hovering over me has just lifted. She sounded like she always did, we laughed, I cried, I'm so happy for her.

And so thankful she found herself again and I have my friend back ... now pass the hankies ...

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Hearing my pal's voice just now on the telephone. She had a breakdown at the beginning of Lockdown (she thinks that was the final straw) and had been in hospital since then.

She phoned me earlier and this big black cloud that's been hovering over me has just lifted. She sounded like she always did, we laughed, I cried, I'm so happy for her.

And so thankful she found herself again and I have my friend back ... now pass the hankies ...

ST-DIY-Mini-Wedding-Tissue-Boxes_featured.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...