Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter

THE OFFICIAL BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN COLLECTORS' THREAD

How many CD's and vinyls do you have in all? Guess?

All (incl. Bruce)

CD - 5505

LP - 146

MC - 24

SINGLES - 254

MAXI - 171

CD SINGLES - 230

CD MAXI - 677

MINI DISC - 13

MUSIC VHS - 40

MUSIC DVD - 484

VIDEOCD - 5

TOTAL - 7549

Just Bruce

CD* - 1937

LP - 64

MC - 17

SINGLES - 74

MAXI - 41

CD SINGLES - 38

CD MAXI - 53

MINI DISC - 13

MUSIC VHS - 3

MUSIC DVD - 223

VIDEOCD 5

Total - 2468

* incl. Factory pressed and CDR boots.

Damn!! :blink::blink:

Do you have a picture of each and every one?

My insurance told me to take pics of all CD's and vinyl as well as books that I own in case someone would run away with it all. :o

never tryede to play it ;) but it's official

746c2f2da445a2d35dfc89ad736eb588.jpg

My insurance told me to take pics of all CD's and vinyl as well as books that I own in case someone would run away with it all. :o

No got at liste of them all with titels, catalog nr. etc

and pictures of the them on the wall...that was enoug for my insurance company

I wouldn't bother playing it, chances are it's not BITUSA anyway, more likely to be somethin gthat didn't sell anywhere near as well.

I've got a number of Meat Loaf gold and platinum discs in my collection and none of them are the actual recorded being honoured!

No got at liste of them all with titels, catalog nr. etc

and pictures of the them on the wall...that was enoug for my insurance company

My bro had that as well when his entire DVD collection was lifted. That wasn't enough.

Luckily others could vouch for him so he did get all except 1 back.

Did you get the platinum disc from SONY as well? B)

They usually seem pricey when you run into them :unsure:

it's a silver disc given to the company I work for back in 1987 for the sale of 25.000 copyes of it on LP/MC/CD. I got if as a present from our headoffice a couple of years ago

I have a picture disc - a Pink Cadillac - for the sigle Dancing in the Dark (A side) and Pink Cadillac on the B side... Label says WA 4436

It's an official CBS release, according to the label - 1984

Oh - the disc isn't round, it has a Cadillac on the top...

it's a silver disc given to the company I work for back in 1987 for the sale of 25.000 copyes of it on LP/MC/CD. I got if as a present from our headoffice a couple of years ago

That is pretty cool B):D

How many CD's and vinyls do you have in all? Guess?

45s: 144

10"/12" Singles/EP's: 74

Vinyl Albums: 63

Vinyl Picture Discs & Coloured Vinyls: 17

3"/5" CD Singles/EP's: 75

CD Albums: 96

Tapes (Cassettes & Reel-To-Reels): 29

Pirated Stuff (Vinyl & CD): 10

Bootleg CD's: 102

All CD's in this listing are factory-pressed originals of course. Many of the vinyl and CD releases in my collection are promos.

got this this one some time ago, not just bruce

60565daea38403baadb39af2adf90900.jpg

War Child Heroes

The UK "War Child - Heroes" vinyl 45s box set, yeah...nice item!

I have a picture disc - a Pink Cadillac - for the sigle Dancing in the Dark (A side) and Pink Cadillac on the B side... Label says WA 4436

ukdancinginthedarkshape.th.jpg

Those shaped UK pic disc singles are way cool. BTW, there are a handful of uncut test pressings for each shape in existence that still have their original 12" form, with the clear vinyl surroundings intact - however, these are very rare.

Those shaped UK pic disc singles are way cool. BTW, there are a handful of uncut test pressings for each shape in existence that still have their original 12" form, with the clear vinyl surroundings intact - however, these are very rare.

Huh? Clear vinyl surroundings??

And this isn't a UK disc, fwiw

Huh? Clear vinyl surroundings??

And this isn't a UK disc, fwiw

This is what I meant - have a look:

vpdtoluncut.jpg

And trust me, your pic disc WAS made in the UK. ;)

Here's another cool item: The "Dancing In The Dark" 3-track 12" remix EP on red vinyl from Mexico. There also is a green vinyl version, which is even harder to locate (thankfully, I have both).

v12ditdmexred1.th.jpg

The only thing I have which is even close to rare is a video of the HBO "Live in New York City" broadcast which was sent out to the Emmy award judges "for your consideration". Comes in a nice gatefold type box on the inside of which is listed the categories and nominees which it was entered for. I believe it won a couple for technical direction in the end. Not much use to me in England though as it is a NTSC tape, not PAL, so i have never watched it!

I never really collected videos, but I still have the European double-VHS set of "LINYC" that came in a fat (and I mean REALLY FAT) case.

got this this one some time ago, not just bruce

60565daea38403baadb39af2adf90900.jpg

War Child Heroes

That's a pretty cool item B)

Here's the one 45 from that box which features Bruce - a cover version of "Atlantic City" by The Hold Steady is on the A-side, and the Springsteen original is on the flip:

warchildheroes45.th.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think I have any rare Bruce stuff :unsure::unsure:

But I have a few rare Garth items :P

And an original Fun, Fun, Fun EP B)

Awesome!! :lol:

You still into Die Toten Hosen as well?

Nice collections there guys! That's a helluva pension fund right there ;)

Never really done the collecting thing myself. What rare stuff I did have I gave to Chris Hunt back in '82 for the Blinded By The Light book that was mentioned above. But The River is my favourite album of all time so I've collected as much as I can from that album and tour including vinyl pressings from 15 different countries. I'm still missing pressings from Hong Kong, Mexico, South Africa and Venezuela if anyone wants to help me to complete :rolleyes: The gatefold sleeve version from Israel is really nice.

I've got all 4 CD versions, as well as cassette and 8 track, but I'm missing the minidisc.

Also got the Europe 81 Tour scarf (yes, there really was one!) which is pretty rare now.

Tons of other River related stuff to bore you with, but I won't. But as far as Bruce collecting goes, I tend not to stray beyond that!

As mentioned previously on another thread, I do have a sealed copy of every single Bruce LP. I'm hoping the GOTJ album is the original LP and not the green vinyl bootleg. As it's sealed I can't tell, tho Peter tells me that the date I bought it is long before the boots started showing up.

It's only fair that I credit my ex for helping me build up this collection as a lot of them were presents from her. So tnx K.

Unfortunately I don't think I have any rare Bruce stuff :unsure::unsure:

But I have a few rare Garth items :P

And an original Fun, Fun, Fun EP B)

Awesome!! :lol:

You still into Die Toten Hosen as well?

Yep, but too broke to get the latest by them :blink::(:(

And they are BUSY as hell!!

When Garth retired, Bruce and DTH exploded into orbit in mass-releases and concerts.

Now DTH even record in Argentina B) Let the video play... Good SOLID rock and roll B)B)B)http://www.dietotenhosen.de/

Never really done the collecting thing myself. What rare stuff I did have I gave to Chris Hunt back in '82 for the Blinded By The Light book that was mentioned above. But The River is my favourite album of all time so I've collected as much as I can from that album and tour including vinyl pressings from 15 different countries. I'm still missing pressings from Hong Kong, Mexico, South Africa and Venezuela if anyone wants to help me to complete :rolleyes: The gatefold sleeve version from Israel is really nice.

You knew Chris Hunt?? Tell us more! Without his work, I probably never would have gotten into collecting in the first place - let alone run a collector's website. That guy is a legend for me.

I have the Hong Kong and South African pressings of "The River"; still looking for the Venezuelan issue myself.