Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoverInTheCold

Greatest Rock Guitarist Ever...Period.

Here he is, boys and girls.

http://www.borderlandnews.com/photogalleri...etwoodmac6.html

I used to argue for Clapton and Knopfler to the death but after watching my recently purchased Fleetwood Mac Live in Boston DVD and seeing the greatest solo i've ever seen in my life on the brilliant "I'm so Afraid", Lindsey now tops my list. He's the one to beat in my opinion. If you don't have this DVD, check it out, you won't regret it.

Let the arguments ensue.

LITC

I have to disagree. The greatest is Eric Clapton. IPB Image Then it's either Jimi Hendrix or SRV.

Oh, and let me just say that Hendrix doesn't even make my personal top 10, but I recognize his skill/importance.

Bruce says it's Nils.

Here he is, boys and girls.

http://www.borderlandnews.com/photogalleri...etwoodmac6.html

I used to argue for Clapton and Knopfler to the death but after watching my recently purchased Fleetwood Mac Live in Boston DVD and seeing the greatest solo i've ever seen in my life on the brilliant \"I'm so Afraid\", Lindsey now tops my list. He's the one to beat in my opinion. If you don't have this DVD, check it out, you won't regret it.

Let the arguments ensue.

LITC

What the heck is so good about Lindsey Buckingham?? He has talent or he wouldn't be doing what he does, but...... IPB Image I would even have to admit Clapton is a bit better than him IPB Image

What the heck is so good about Lindsey Buckingham?? He has talent or he wouldn't be doing what he does, but...... IPB Image I would even have to admit Clapton is a bit better than him IPB Image

Whew, at least you can admit it. Good job, Marty. IPB Image Then again regardless of your feelings toward his music he must be recognized for his greatness as a guitarist. IPB Image

Bruce and Mark.

Can't split 'em - both stir the heart. IPB Image

'Rock guitarist'.....urgh...the very term sends a cold shiver down my spine....its always men (never women) noodling (wanking) endlessly on the fret board,caught in some nightmare from 1973....in a mistaken belief that they got the blues coz there fingers can move very fast....Clapton is unlistenable muso shite in my book...as are all the rest......thank the lord for Punk rock....real spirit verve and excitment...and yeah....real inventive guitar playing......death to the solo!!

Jimmy Page

Here is your list

1. Clapton
2. Keith Richards
3. Bruce
4. The rest

1. Keef
2. Pete Townshend
3. Bruce
4. Slash

Here is your list

1. Clapton
2. Keith Richards
3. Bruce
4. The rest

1. Keef
2. Pete Townshend
3. Bruce
4. Slash

1. Stevie Ray Vaughan
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Chuck Berry
4. Duane Allman

Best rock guitarist? I suppose that is a matter of taste/preference, as most well known guitarists have lots of talent (or they wouldn't be doing what they do best, play the guitar).

My personal favorite is Eric Clapton, I have seen him live in Rotterdam recently and the man is one great guitarist! Sure, Bruce is my #1 artist, but I also enjoy blues influenced music and as a blues/blues rock guitarist Eric is top of the bill in my book.

Maaike

Ian Moss - Cold Chisel. Makes me very glad I'm an Aussie.

Best guitarist in Australia.

[Quote]Here is your list

1. Clapton
2. Keith Richards
3. Bruce
4. The rest
[Quote]

Putting Bruce Springsteen in a list of the top 3 guitarists in the world, or the top 5, or maybe even the top 10 is stretching it pretty thin... Put your fan obsession aside for a moment ... For one thing Nils Lofgren, who hardly ever seems to make any of these elite lists could play his "Boss" under the table with his eyes closed. Bruce is a good guitar player. Is he top 3, or top 5, or top 10 material?...Not quite...As for Lindsey Buckingham, he may be a little too "pop" for anyone here, but he's an incredibly gifted guitar player...

[QUOTE]

[Quote]Here is your list

1. Clapton
2. Keith Richards
3. Bruce
4. The rest
[Quote]

Putting Bruce Springsteen in a list of the top 3 guitarists in the world, or the top 5, or maybe even the top 10 is stretching it pretty thin... Put your fan obsession aside for a moment ... For one thing Nils Lofgren, who hardly ever seems to make any of these elite lists could play his \"Boss\" under the table with his eyes closed. Bruce is a good guitar player. Is he top 3, or top 5, or top 10 material?...Not quite...As for Lindsey Buckingham, he may be a little too \"pop\" for anyone here, but he's an incredibly gifted guitar player...

[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for correcting our opinions IPB Image

bruce isnt top 25, maybe even 50 material. all this crap about him being some kind of guitar god is pure blind love. its not cool. nils is a far superior guitarist, and in my mind, doesnt deserve a mention in the top 10. so you figure out what that means about bruce.

He must have been in pretty good form on the American tour too. Joe Walsh was quoted as saying Mossy was the best guitarist he'd seen.

He must have been in pretty good form on the American tour too. Joe Walsh was quoted as saying Mossy was the best guitarist he'd seen.

Yeah, from the LA boot, he sounds pretty awesome. Pity the shit hit the fan when they got there though, otherwise it wouldn't be just us who know about Chisel (well and some places in Europe).