Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter

The eBay Shuffle

Don't know if it's genuine, but it ended at almost 200$ !

WOW! Then I hope for the buyer that it's genuine, but I doubt it is

These days radio programmers rarely receive radio shows in physical form (i.e. CD or CD-R). Instead, they obtain secret access keys from record companies or agents to certain internet sites through which they download digital files for music or radioshow contents. Such digital sources are used for handmaking CD-Rs for broadcasting purpose by themselves, or leaked inevitably, which often results in piracy homemade production of CD-Rs that mainly originate from the US. That's why several kinds of variants are floating for a single radio program on eBay auction, in terms of CD-R media, labels, inserts (often in ink-jet printing quality or inferiorly photocopied) and so, from genuine-looking to apparent fake. Those include CD-R copies for the BTR 30th Anniversary Show, Little Steven's Underground Garage Shows, and a series of "The Making Of" such as "The Making Of WRECKING BALL", to mention a few. Too bad, these CD-R pirates sometimes lack a tarck or a few more, intentionally or unintentionally, during homemade production processes. So be warned. This particular MAGIC radioshow disc looks authentic, though.

>

Don't know if it's genuine, but it ended at almost 200$ !

WOW! Then I hope for the buyer that it's genuine, but I doubt it is

These days radio programmers rarely receive radio shows in physical form (i.e. CD or CD-R). Instead, they obtain secret access keys from record companies or agents to certain internet sites through which they download digital files for music or radioshow contents. Such digital sources are used for handmaking CD-Rs for broadcasting purpose by themselves, or leaked inevitably, which often results in piracy homemade production of CD-Rs that mainly originate from the US. That's why several kinds of variants are floating for a single radio program on eBay auction, in terms of CD-R media, labels, inserts (often in ink-jet printing quality or inferiorly photocopied) and so, from genuine-looking to apparent fake. Those include CD-R copies for the BTR 30th Anniversary Show, Little Steven's Underground Garage Shows, and a series of "The Making Of" such as "The Making Of WRECKING BALL", to mention a few. Too bad, these CD-R pirates sometimes lack a tarck or a few more, intentionally or unintentionally, during homemade production processes. So be warned. This particular MAGIC radioshow disc looks authentic, though.

According to Sony in the Netherlands this is exactly how they distribute their promo's nowadays.

Vintage - Bruce Springsteen - Original 1978 Concert Poster

This concert poster is coming from the world renowned album cover artist

Flournoy Holmes, who's best know for Allman Brothers, Eat a Peach.

This is the original 1978 silkscreen poster from Flournoy's personal collection.

It's in perfect condition and still has vivid color.

The poster is listed on Etsy, listing link is below.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/129097351/vintage-bruce-springsteen-original-1978

il_fullxfull.447825343_4fba.jpg

Vintage - Bruce Springsteen - Original 1978 Concert Poster

This concert poster is coming from the world renowned album cover artist

Flournoy Holmes, who's best know for Allman Brothers, Eat a Peach.

This is the original 1978 silkscreen poster from Flournoy's personal collection.

It's in perfect condition and still has vivid color.

The poster is listed on Etsy, listing link is below.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/129097351/vintage-bruce-springsteen-original-1978

il_fullxfull.455775073_af7r.jpg

This poster is now up on ebay if anyone's interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bruce-Springsteen-Original-1978-Concert-Poster-/111068717558?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dc3621f6

This auction has finished but has anybody seen this before and is it an official release ?

Dancing In The Dark / Pink Cadillac from Peru with strange PS (possible promo)

This auction has finished but has anybody seen this before and is it an official release ?

FWIW, I have never once seen this sleeve (or even heard of it) in my 20+ years of collecting. Whether it's genuine or not is difficult to say of course, but in any event, it certainly doesn't appear like one of those modern-day fakes to me - the paper seems to have a pretty "aged" look that could well correspond with the single's original 1984 release. Although I'm a skeptic by nature when it comes to previously undocumented items (especially if it takes almost 30 years for them to first surface on the market), I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that this is in fact some kind of limited promo sleeve, but my guess obviously is as good as anybody's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUCE-SPRINGSTEEN-DANCING-IN-THE-DARK-PERU-PROMO-PS-7-CSR-1308-/221219133562?ViewItem=&item=221219133562&nma=true&si=q+nQie6nkm9GA9lZBizyeFToEPg=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_1411wt_1170

FWIW, I have never once seen this sleeve (or even heard of it) in my 20+ years of collecting. Whether it's genuine or not is difficult to say of course, but in any event, it certainly doesn't appear like one of those modern-day fakes to me - the paper seems to have a pretty "aged" look that could well correspond with the single's original 1984 release. Although I'm a skeptic by nature when it comes to previously undocumented items (especially if it takes almost 30 years for them to first surface on the market), I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that this is in fact some kind of limited promo sleeve, but my guess obviously is as good as anybody's.

Saw it and decided it was so bloody awful that even if it was genuine I didn't want it! 'Bruce' playing left handed!

I've been in contact with the no.1 Led Zep singles collector and apparently there's a lot of new fake 7" coming out of South America, so be careful.

I do think I've seen this image somewhere before though, maybe on a boot LP....