Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter

The eBay Shuffle

Kenzou-san, that promo sleeve was previously undocumented. To the best of my knowledge, this auction marked the first time it was ever offered for sale on eBay. Most collectors seem to think that the sleeve is a fake (personally though, I believe it's in fact authentic).

Thank you for your point of view Peter-san.(^^!

I had never seen this item before.

And it looked like the thing in fact authentic to me

Mysterious items are still left in the world !

Thank you for your point of view Peter-san.(^^!

I had never seen this item before.

And it looked like the thing in fact authentic to me

Mysterious items are still left in the world !

I was warned some months ago by a very serious singles collector of other artists that there have been a lot of fake sleeves coming out of Peru lately. It certainly looks old though.

One of a kind, this would be nice to have, but out of my league!!This must be e early version incl The Heist and does not have She´s The one on it.Also another sequence.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400682069379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The only other copy I have seen.

http://www.popsike.com/Bruce-Springsteen-Acetate-Born-To-Run-Only-Known-Copy/250238135059.html

Fake IMO.

1. See my comment in post 3 or 4 above reference fakes from Peru. It's happening with others, so why not Bruce.

2. Lots of copies have come from Peru inc radio promos but none with PS's - until recently, and here we have 2 variants + Hungry Heart PS auction as well. 3 together!!!

3. In both cases (particularly the black/white sleeve) the record shows much more wear than the sleeve which at the very least suggests that the records and sleeves are not original matches. You wouldn't swap a better record for worse one with such a 'rare' sleeve so to me it suggests the sleeves came without records and are either examples of unused picture sleeves or much more probably - FAKES

Sadly, I think an example of someone taking a common release and trying to turn it into a collectable rarity

PLEASE SEE BELOW EMAIL I JUST RECEIVED. I DON'T KNOW THE SENDER, OR HOW HE GOT MY PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS BUT FOR ANYONE LOOKING AT THESE ITEMS I THINK THE POINTS ARE VALID.

marc bustinza <marcbustinza@gmail.com>
22:46 (3 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to
cleardot.gif
Hello dearly collectors,
In these days there are 3 fake peruvian items (3 fake PS) on Ebay. Review carefully the pics. the type of letters is very different along the same sleeve..sleeve is not a one piece like original CBS peruvian sleeves. Also, the color inside the sleeve is different, more white/clear than the back/front cover.
Be carefull with these fake items!
Regards,
Marc Bustinza from PERU

I have seen a UK, Japan and Brasilian promo CD-® of American Beauty 4 track on ebay recently. Does anybody know if these are authentic or fakes ?

Hi

Has anyone seen this before http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181534513766?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I've had it in my collection since 99, and always thought it must be pretty rare, but I can hardly find any references to it on the internet

Cheers

Chris

Wasn't this the cancelled UK release which was to have been two separate three track CD singles? I have one of the two CDs which I remember finding in a clearance bin of a record shop in Hereford.

Hi,

I am surprised at this price!

This item is well worth the price or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181544895878?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

More outragouse is the NZ$51 shipping!!!

I'll have to pass on this one .....