Peter

This New Thing I've Found

In the mail today:

The Promise, CD album, Columbia, 88697 76177 2

US version? I got one too and the whole thing is identical (inc catalogue #)to the UK version except for a small amount of printing on the back. It's still sealed though so there maybe some small differences inside. Anyone?

UK version from Badlands. The first one got lost in the mail, but they just send me another. Nice service.

Hi guys

I know that I really want to get you some photos and scans of my collection.

I´m working on it and I hope that my daughter´s husband and his brother who will be back at Christmas time after working in Montreal for several months can help me I´m so damned stupid when it comes to computers, but I was a damned good banker.

If everything turns out well I will get a few things before Christmas.

Yesterday I got the HIGHLITE of MY COLLECTION.

Me and my wife went by train to a small city in western Sweden to pick up a goldrecord after an auction on a swedish site and I will try to explain as good as I can what it´s like.

It´s a goldrecord and it´s side 3 of THE RIVER.

Up in the middle it´s a cover of the River.

Up to the left it says:

This special edition goldplated record presented in recognition of the prestigous achievment in reaching million seller award status.

Some addional info.

The River side 3

PC2 36854 AL 36856

C 36856

STEREO

1 Point Blank 6,05

2 Cadillac Ranch 3,02

3 I´m A Rocker 3,34

4 Fade Away 4,40

5 Stolen Car 3,53

Down to the right it says

24KT

Gold Plated Record

The height is 61,5 centimeters and the breadth is 46,2 centimeters.

I was talking to the seller for perhaps 2 hours and we had a sightseeing tour in the city where he leaves while

we were talking he suddenly said I do have yet another golden record I think I lost my breathe for about 10 seconds

then starting to convince him that it should be very nice on my wall.It´s a Darkness golden record.

I know this seller I have bought nice things from him before. He had had the golden record I bought since 1994.

Fantastic! :)

btw, it took me ages to work out how to be able to do photos & scans for here.....I'll try and write out a simple method and post it.

Thanks very much.

I think Peter once tried to teach me and sent some info but I don´t know where I have it.

It should be nice to get a simple method then I can mail it to my friends. Perhaps I have another option as well and that´s Willy.

Hi guys

I´m working on it and I hope that my daughter´s husband and his brother who will be back at Christmas time after working in Montreal for several months can help me I´m so damned stupid when it comes to computers, but I was a damned good banker.

Me and my wife went by train to a small city in western Sweden to pick up a goldrecord after an auction on a swedish site and I will try to explain as good as I can what it´s like.

Up to the left it says:

This special edition goldplated record presented in recognition of the prestigous achievment in reaching million seller award status.

Some addional info.

The River side 3

PC2 36854 AL 36856

C 36856

STEREO

1 Point Blank 6,05

2 Cadillac Ranch 3,02

3 I´m A Rocker 3,34

4 Fade Away 4,40

5 Stolen Car 3,53

24KT

Gold Plated Record

I was talking to the seller for perhaps 2 hours and we had a sightseeing tour in the city where he leaves while

we were talking he suddenly said I do have yet another golden record I think I lost my breathe for about 10 seconds

then starting to convince him that it should be very nice on my wall.It´s a Darkness golden record.

I know this seller I have bought nice things from him before. He had had the golden record I bought since 1994.

btw, it took me ages to work out how to be able to do photos & scans for here.....I'll try and write out a simple method and post it.

Thanks very much.

I think Peter once tried to teach me and sent some info but I don´t know where I have it.

It should be nice to get a simple method then I can mail it to my friends. Perhaps I have another option as well and that´s Willy.

With compliments... ;)

Live 1975-85 (3 Compact Discs) Germany CBS 450227 2)

Box in LP size

Box in LP size

I gotta get one of those...

Box in LP size

Do you know if this was limited? the guy i bought it from said 5,000, But i'm a bit sceptical?

Anyone that knows? couldn't find anything on the webb. I didn't paid much for it, but would be fun to know :) Damn nice it is anyway.

Box in LP size

Do you know if this was limited? the guy i bought it from said 5,000, But i'm a bit sceptical?

Anyone that knows? couldn't find anything on the webb. I didn't paid much for it, but would be fun to know :) Damn nice it is anyway.

I would not say limited. This was simply an early issue. It is pretty common and low priced... I was just saying that it would be nice to have a (sealed) copy.

Box in LP size

I would not say limited. This was simply an early issue. It is pretty common and low priced... I was just saying that it would be nice to have a (sealed) copy.

That's what I thought ;)

Hi guys

Up to the left it says:

Some addional info.

The River side 3

PC2 36854 AL 36856

C 36856

STEREO

1 Point Blank 6,05

2 Cadillac Ranch 3,02

3 I´m A Rocker 3,34

4 Fade Away 4,40

5 Stolen Car 3,53

24KT

Gold Plated Record

Thanks very much.

With compliments... ;)

Thanks Peter

I have saved it now and I even think I will remember where.

Hi

In the mail today

Australian promo single

Youngstown/The Ghost of Tom Joad COL SAMP 720

Hi

In the mail today

Australian promo single

I guess that's the one from Mike's auctions... very nice item.

U.K. "Nebraska" cassette album with "negative" cover image

nebraska.jpg

Don't think it's mistake as mine is like it too. Never noticed it before!

Hi

In the mail today

Australian promo single

I guess that's the one from Mike's auctions... very nice item.

Yes very nice item. If I remember correctly I think the seller is from Scotland and he has a perfect feedback.

mint US 1st pressing of The River LP for an upgrade:

1043787.th.jpg

Anything special other than the orange/yellow labels?

The title sticker on the cellophane. :)

If it's of any interest, the UK first pressings came with this sticker,

post-7202-003546500 1291648437_thumb.jpg

nebraska.jpg

I know, Paul - CBS U.K. obviously did that on purpose. I just wonder why? :rolleyes:

Received today thru the kindness of Lars,,

7" Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, COMING BACK

7" ........................"............ TRASH IT UP

12" Original 'Santa Claus' seven minute version, credited to Jersey Devil And The E Street Band ;)

PLUS, this little beauty that I didn't have in my River collection.

post-7202-062769200 1291648797_thumb.jpg

nebraska.jpg

I know, Paul - CBS U.K. obviously did that on purpose. I just wonder why? :rolleyes:

:blink:

It's also amazing that in the nearly 30 years since it's release I've never heard anyone mention it before! Has it escaped The Bruce Watch until now? If so.......... :huh:

Just recieved

The promise Korea version sealed

Can you post scans of the back side?

This is the best I can do, I can only upload a picture, and I don't know how to scan.

But it's 100% real, it's not a pirate version, the quality is excactly the same, than the european version, the only difference is the sticker on the front, and on the back, manufactured & distributed by sony music entertainment Korea inc.

DSC01466.jpg

This is the best I can do, I can only upload a picture, and I don't know how to scan.

But it's 100% real, it's not a pirate version, the quality is excactly the same, than the european version, the only difference is the sticker on the front, and on the back, manufactured & distributed by sony music entertainment Korea inc.

Yes, definitely genuine. Thank you for the photo; it's clear enough.

Mr Postman will be bringing mine soon! Also have a one from france with a nice promo sticker on the front :rolleyes::lol:

Mr Postman will be bringing mine soon! Also have a one from france with a nice promo sticker on the front :rolleyes::lol:

I have one from Thailand on the way, but the post announced a 3 day strike, beginning tomorrow, here in the Netherlands, so I have to wait a bit longer.....

I have one from Thailand on the way, but the post announced a 3 day strike, beginning tomorrow, here in the Netherlands, so I have to wait a bit longer.....

Hopefully it will be genuine too... I'm 99% sure it will be.

Ouch! we had strikes last year!

BTW here is the one from france:

5238068101_0fc28ecdbd.jpg

I prefer things with promo stickers on