Greasy Lake Community

This New Thing I've Found

Peter

Added today:

Dream Baby Dream, vinyl EP, 2008 UK, Blast First (Petite) PTYY 017. Features unique release of "Dream Baby Dream (live)". 10" Limited Edition no. 3345.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, but Peter lurked me into this one :D

Copy no. 11 :P

I recently realized how much catching up I have to do in regards of Bruce's material that turned up exclusively on V/A samplers over the years (I own all of these recordings in digital form [mp3's or mp4 iTunes downloads, but not the original CD releases in many cases]), so I went on a little shopping spree on eBay during the last few days and purchased most of these from wholesale dealers for neat prices in brand-new, sealed condition:

- "The Concert For The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame"

- "Til We Outnumber 'Em"

- "Kindred Spirits"

- "Enjoy Every Sandwich"

- "Give US Your Poor"

- "Sowing The Seeds"

- "We All Love Ennio Morricone"

- "The People Speak"

I also bought an extra, sealed Euro copy of "The Promise" (2-CD set) from a German seller today and am currently looking out for a decently-priced, sealed "Darkness" box set.

Is that one this one, Martin?

Yes it is, I just took the seal off, it was resealed for sure..... The 3 cartridges are still in their orgiginal seal....

But it's my first 8 track.

And by the way, I'm Sietze not Martin! :P

Doh! Sorry, Sietze!!

Anyway, nice job on your first 8-track...it's VERY hard to find in any condition! I'm glad the tapes themselves are factory sealed...the box was an obvious reseal. Now, have fun collecting all the rest! I occasionally find myself with extra copies, so I'll keep you in mind ;-)

I recently realized how much catching up I have to do in regards of Bruce's material that turned up exclusively on V/A samplers over the years (I own all of these recordings in digital form [mp3's or mp4 iTunes downloads, but not the original CD releases in many cases]), so I went on a little shopping spree on eBay during the last few days and purchased most of these from wholesale dealers for neat prices in brand-new, sealed condition:

- "Til We Outnumber 'Em"

- "Kindred Spirits"

- "Enjoy Every Sandwich"

- "Give US Your Poor"

- "Sowing The Seeds"

- "The People Speak"

I also bought an extra, sealed Euro copy of "The Promise" (2-CD set) from a German seller today and am currently looking out for a decently-priced, sealed "Darkness" box set.

Wow Peter, rock on B)

In my mailbox today:

Various artists, Record Store Day 2008, vinyl album, 2008 US, Sony/BMG 88697291751. Features "Girls In Their Summer Clothes".

- "Til We Outnumber 'Em"

- "Kindred Spirits"

- "Enjoy Every Sandwich"

- "Give US Your Poor"

- "Sowing The Seeds"

- "The People Speak"

Nice, Peter! It's a constant struggle to keep up with all the Various Artist recordings with Bruce content. Looks like you did a fine job of filling in recent holes! As you probably know, there are several promo versions of the "Til We Outnumber" and "Sowing the Seeds" CDs to look for as well. :)

It's a constant struggle to keep up with all the Various Artist recordings with Bruce content.

Not if you buy them as they come out. The most "recent" of these samplers I purchased was - of all things - the "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" Seeger tribute double CD that included the original version/mix of "We Shall Overcome" [cringe!!], and that one was released 13 years ago. :mellow:

As you probably know, there are several promo versions of the "Til We Outnumber" and "Sowing the Seeds" CDs to look for as well. :)

There's no way I'll ever go there...the standard releases will have to do! ;)

In my mailbox today:

Various artists, Record Store Day 2008, vinyl album, 2008 US, Sony/BMG 88697291751. Features "Girls In Their Summer Clothes".

Nice one, Lars. I'll also have to get me a copy of that LP sometime.

- "Til We Outnumber 'Em"

- "Kindred Spirits"

- "Enjoy Every Sandwich"

- "Give US Your Poor"

- "Sowing The Seeds"

- "The People Speak"

Wow Peter, rock on B)

In my mailbox today:

Very very nice guys!!!

In my mailbox today:

Nice one, Lars. I'll also have to get me a copy of that LP sometime.

Yes, it's a nice one and it completes my RDS collection.

I got it here.

Anyway, nice job on your first 8-track...it's VERY hard to find in any condition! I'm glad the tapes themselves are factory sealed...the box was an obvious reseal. Now, have fun collecting all the rest! I occasionally find myself with extra copies, so I'll keep you in mind ;-)

I'm also missing a couple of those 8-tracks :rolleyes:

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

I'm also missing a couple of those 8-tracks :rolleyes:

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

Live 1975-85 is the only 8-track I don't have (I just bought a sealed Tunnel of Love but haven't received it yet). Well, I am also looking for the JCA version of Greetings, the PCA version of Darkness and the QCA version of Nebraska. Gotta have 'em all, you know... ;)

These aren't new items, but I ran across them in my collection the other day and thought I'd share some pics here. These are 2 different various-artist promo-only CD samplers from 1994 and 1999 given out only to Sony sales reps at their annual Sony Convention. These were very limited pressings (probably 200-300 each?) and I've never seen any others on eBay or anywhere else. The 1994 CD includes "Streets Of Philadelphia" and the 1999 CD includes "Sad Eyes". For all you hardcore Cd collectors ;)

scan0038r.th.jpg scan0036.th.jpg scan0037.th.jpg