Greasy Lake Community

This New Thing I've Found

Peter

Another "semi-legal" release from the same label that recently put out the 1975 Main Point show as well. The material on this CD is great, though.

okay thanks i ordered one anyway :lol:

Another "semi-legal" release from the same label that recently put out the 1975 Main Point show as well. The material on this CD is great, though.

okay thanks i ordered one anyway :lol:

Great Chris - it even looks cool B)

Born In The USA / Shut Out The Light HOF Reissue red label/large cenetrhole

I hadn't seen this record until a couple of weeks ago, is it difficult to get?

bornintheusaredhof.jpg

Congrats on this one!

I posted pics of my copy of this record in the original thread last year. Up until a few weeks ago, when a seller in Italy put it up on ebay and another copy was included in a crappy "commemorative display" (I posted a link to this in the ebay thread yesterday), my copy was the only documented one I think. At least nobody around here had it or had even seen it.

I have no idea how rare it is, but based on it's limited circulation I would guess it is pretty rare. In his discography Peter calls it a "mysterious release", probably because of the unique label. I have found a Bob Dylan 7inch with the same label which is reported to be released in 2006. This was around the time I bought my copy so I guess that is correct. Other than those two I haven't seen other singles with this label so I have no idea if this was a new reissue series or just one-offs.

bornintheusaredhof.jpg

Congrats on this one!

I posted pics of my copy of this record in the original thread last year. Up until a few weeks ago, when a seller in Italy put it up on ebay and another copy was included in a crappy "commemorative display" (I posted a link to this in the ebay thread yesterday), my copy was the only documented one I think. At least nobody around here had it or had even seen it.

I have no idea how rare it is, but based on it's limited circulation I would guess it is pretty rare. In his discography Peter calls it a "mysterious release", probably because of the unique label. I have found a Bob Dylan 7inch with the same label which is reported to be released in 2006. This was around the time I bought my copy so I guess that is correct. Other than those two I haven't seen other singles with this label so I have no idea if this was a new reissue series or just one-offs.

An Italian seller offered two copies on eBay last August. A fellow Laker grabbed both of them, one for him and one for me. At EUR 15 per copy, this was a steal!... probably the best bargain I ever had.

In his discography Peter calls it a "mysterious release", probably because of the unique label.

Well, Morten, thanks to your research, it's no longer that "mysterious", although I still wonder what Columbia were thinking when they produced these 45s in 2006... :unsure:

To be added to my collection soon (ahem)...I had almost forgotten that I'd placed an order for these with a friend of mine who has good contacts to an Italian dealer of "rare live CD's" at the beginning of this year, but now they've arrived:

114665464.jpg

114775034.jpg

"Passaic Night" will replace my old copy of GDR's famous original "Piece De Resistance" release, so if anybody is interested in a trade for this one, let me know. One bootleg title I'm still desperately seeking is CC's "London Night" (27/10/2002) 3-CD set.

bornintheusaredhof.jpg

Congrats on this one!

An Italian seller offered two copies on eBay last August. A fellow Laker grabbed both of them, one for him and one for me. At EUR 15 per copy, this was a steal!... probably the best bargain I ever had.

Thanks Morten and Eddy for all information, it was interesting :)